Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 04:18 PM

7 posts, read 6,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriouserGeorge View Post
For what it's worth, we still use a 32" CRT TV that my mother-in-law donated several years ago. I bought a converter box for around $20, and attached a set of rabbit ears antennae.
We don't have cable- just Netflix/Hulu/Amazon hooked to a small decade-old tv. I actually am more against TV in the bedroom than being an eyesore in the living room. Research shows that TV in bedrooms causes sleep problems and cuts down on relationship communication yadda, yadda, yadda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2016, 04:20 PM

7 posts, read 6,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
As far as the weird space in front of the windows to the right of the fireplace (as you're looking at it), I was thinking that looked like the perfect spot for a bar and a game space with a foosball table, and/or tables for chess and checkers or cards, and/or a table with a puzzle in progress.
[/url]
My husband will love this.
Actually, I already had one of your bar pictures pinned on a pinterest board I'm making! We have a small bar and I'd like to expand it and put some bar shelves above it on one of these walls

Old 04-25-2016, 10:24 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,846,119 times
I have this problem too. In my living room i have to work around front door, bedroom door, dining entrance, and fireplace!

Old 06-02-2016, 10:46 AM

1 posts, read 467 times
I really like the idea of a bar/ gaming area for that front section. A game table might be a great option for you....combination chess board/ card table kind of thing... It could work as place to sit and entertain and then double as a place for the kids to do puzzles and homework too. I don't have a great link to share for that but a foosball table would be neat too. The Classic in this review (Tornado Foosball Tables....Are they the best?) would fit in with the woodwork I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating