Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 06:36 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,937 times

Advertisements

Very lovely everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 02:54 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
OK, more fun today - they worked mostly on the shower. Also, the bathtub and fixtures were delivered today!
Attached Thumbnails
Master bath redo - patience - this may take awhile!-bathtub-box.jpg   Master bath redo - patience - this may take awhile!-fixtures-box.jpg   Master bath redo - patience - this may take awhile!-shower-bones.jpg  

Old 02-01-2017, 04:48 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
OK, more fun today - they worked mostly on the shower. Also, the bathtub and fixtures were delivered today!

Sweet~

Old 02-03-2017, 01:15 PM

OK blue prints for cabinets - one is the double vanity and one is the cabinet in the toilet room. The bottom of that cabinet is a pull out laundry thingie, then the middle is open (with peg board for hanging jewelry, scarves, etc.)
Attached Thumbnails
Master bath redo - patience - this may take awhile!-thumbnail_vanity.jpg   Master bath redo - patience - this may take awhile!-thumbnail_linen-cabinet.jpg  

Old 02-04-2017, 11:53 AM

Well, it's the weekend so no workers are in the house and it's a cold, dreary day, so I decided to burn off some creative energy by redoing the little vanity stool that's in my bathroom. The first photo is of the first "redo" I did of this little stool several years ago - the original was one I found in a resale shop and it was "brass" with an emerald green vinyl seat cover. BLECH. So I redid it in the blue and white toile and spray painted it. But today I spray painted it again, and recovered the seat (after adding more padding) and also added a skirt.

Best part of the whole thing - NO SEWING! I just used lots of upholstery staples, and some hot glue!
Attached Thumbnails
Master bath redo - patience - this may take awhile!-vanity-stool-resized.jpg   Master bath redo - patience - this may take awhile!-vanity-stool-2016-back-resized.jpg   Master bath redo - patience - this may take awhile!-vanity-stool-2016-front-resized.jpg  

Old 02-05-2017, 01:17 AM

19,221 posts, read 16,701,480 times
It's really coming along, Kathryn. Beautiful! I notice something on one of the blueprints. If it's true, it's an old person's dream. A toilet in the living room! (I once heard Sophia say that on an episode of The Golden Girls) But, the older you get, the more it sounds like a good idea.

Old 02-05-2017, 05:48 AM

Hahahahahha! Well, having a background in real estate, I really have seen some toilets in some very weird places! Usually utility or laundry rooms. I mean, like a nice big laundry or utility room, full of all sorts of interesting stuff and amenities...and then a toilet just sitting there in the middle of everything.

I don't know, call me crazy, but I really don't want toilet smells in a room of fresh laundry.

Old 02-05-2017, 06:40 AM

13,056 posts, read 18,121,249 times
Quote:
Well, it's the weekend so no workers are in the house and it's a cold, dreary day, so I decided to burn off some creative energy by redoing the little vanity stool that's in my bathroom. The first photo is of the first "redo" I did of this little stool several years ago - the original was one I found in a resale shop and it was "brass" with an emerald green vinyl seat cover. BLECH. So I redid it in the blue and white toile and spray painted it. But today I spray painted it again, and recovered the seat (after adding more padding) and also added a skirt.

Best part of the whole thing - NO SEWING! I just used lots of upholstery staples, and some hot glue!
I spy a TOILLE, say it ain't so you covered a toile!!! Jus kidding it looks lovely.

Old 02-05-2017, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I spy a TOILLE, say it ain't so you covered a toile!!! Jus kidding it looks lovely.
It hurt me to cover that toile - I love toile! In fact, I'm also getting rid of my toile curtains and making Roman shades out of that same new material on the vanity stool. It's breaking my heart in a way because I love all that blue and white.

I'm still going to use blue and white as accents in that bathroom though. Just a touch here and there.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:33 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Well, supposedly we will end up with more space too - but I think the answer is LESS STUFF.

I am just going to throw away a lot of this. What a waste. Oh well.

I used to travel a lot with my job, so I was always picking up free gifts with purchase, and I did duplicate (well, truth be known I probably triplicated) my makeup and toiletries so that I didn't have to constantly pack and unpack. And my husband travels a lot with his job - out of state for often half the month. So we've accumulated tons of toiletries over the eleven years we've been married. And there is just something in me that makes me pick up the free shampoo and conditioner and soap and lotion in a hotel room - WHY DO I DO THAT? I need to move all that up to my guest bathroom when we put everything back. I mean, I did get it for guests so why is it in my bathroom?

I have a huge, deep drawer that is nothing but hotel sample stuff and baggies with 4 ounce bottles for liquids when flying. Ugh. So what do I do when I'm about to go on a trip? I go buy airline sized stuff. Why?

We truly live in a society of excess.
When we remodeled our bathroom, inadvertently my basket full of nail polishes got tossed. Horrors! Now it's a few months later, and I haven't missed them at all. It was a good reminder that less is more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating