Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2017, 05:24 PM

1 posts, read 605 times

Advertisements

I'm moving into a new apartment next weekend, but I'm stuck on where to put my living room / dining room furniture because the floor plan is really odd. I'm hoping you guys can help me with some ideas.

The furniture I need to fit in here is:
L shaped section
Entertainment center and tv
4 narrow but tall bookcases
Desk and computer chair
2 end table
Square coffee table
Long thin sofa table
Rectangle storage ottoman
Square dining table w/ 4 chairs

Here is the layout:

The windows/skylight area is raised about knee height above the rest of the room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 12:11 AM

3,461 posts, read 4,705,814 times
I don't know about anyone else but the photo does not show up in your post for me. It doesn't even work when I copy/paste the url to a browser. It says that the image does not exist. In case you can't see what I am seeing with your photo above, all I see in place of your photo is "you will need to upgrade your account in order to allow 3rd party posting". And I have heard from others that photobucket no longer allows it unless you upgrade your version of photobucket for a charge.

Search for another photo site that allows 3rd party website posting. I use shutterfly and (so far) it is still allowing me to post to 3rd party sites but of course that may change down the road as well since other sites are now disallowing it. I hope not because I store a lot of photos there that would have to be moved, if needed.

Old 08-21-2017, 04:41 AM

61,734 posts, read 87,147,355 times
New members can't post links. OP needs at least 10 posts to do so. However, he/she can upload the picture using features on the top of the reply area,

Old 08-21-2017, 11:51 AM

3,461 posts, read 4,705,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
New members can't post links. OP needs at least 10 posts to do so. However, he/she can upload the picture using features on the top of the reply area,
Using the "insert image" icon in C-D requires a valid link from the internet. So even if they did use that option, they will still have a problem posting to 3rd party websites when using photobucket because photobucket doesn't allow it anymore unless you upgrade to their paid services. They will need to find another (free) photo site that allows 3rd party website posting or another option on the internet to post their photo from that allows it.

Old 08-22-2017, 11:41 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Can't see the picture, don't know the dimensions but I can say you are trying to fit A LOT of furniture into what may not be that large of a space.

Do you really need all of those pieces? Two end tables PLUS a sofa table PLUS a coffee table PLUS a storage ottoman?? And that's on top of trying to also squeeze a home office in there?

Old 08-22-2017, 11:44 AM

61,734 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn-fused View Post
Using the "insert image" icon in C-D requires a valid link from the internet. So even if they did use that option, they will still have a problem posting to 3rd party websites when using photobucket because photobucket doesn't allow it anymore unless you upgrade to their paid services. They will need to find another (free) photo site that allows 3rd party website posting or another option on the internet to post their photo from that allows it.
Download to own HD, upload to City-Data and post from there.

Old 08-29-2017, 09:49 AM

4,096 posts, read 6,218,289 times
You can upload right from your computer by using the Manage Attachments feature. That will post a small thumbnail inside the post, which people click on to enlarge. I have started to use this because of the photo bucket upgrade demands.

You can also make an album right on city data on your home page. Then include those photos in your posts.

But OP you do need more posts before you can post pictures. So tell us more about your room, maybe the measurements.

Old 08-29-2017, 10:01 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
OP hasn't been back since they posted, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for more info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating