Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2022, 06:00 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,229,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary2014 View Post
Those little felt pieces you put on the chair legs simply don't stay on if you actually have people using them day after day. So, unless you can find rubber ones that go up and around the legs of the chairs your floors could get damaged. It is not easy to find ones that fit as chair legs come in all shapes and sizes.
I agree 100% with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2022, 04:55 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Some chairs do really well with the types of rubber thingies that you nail into the leg. Then you don't have to use the rubber ones that go up and around the legs of the chairs.

Old 01-21-2022, 05:17 PM

14,316 posts, read 11,702,283 times
My mother-in-law was all about throw rugs, multiple throw rugs in every room of the house, until she tripped on one while going to the bathroom early one morning, grabbed at a floor lamp which fell over and broke into a million shards, and banged the side of her head against the dresser.

Fortunately, my brother-in-law was staying with her, heard the crash, and rushed in to see what was going on. Her very first words were "All the rugs need to go."

And they did.

Old 02-08-2022, 01:59 AM

1 posts, read 402 times
Thank you for sharing such a nice information. I like it very much. I am very fond of interior design and home improvement.

Old 02-09-2022, 01:52 AM

63 posts, read 47,027 times
Need area rugs to define space. Tv area, conversation area, reading.

Old 02-09-2022, 06:21 AM

13,056 posts, read 18,116,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
My mother-in-law was all about throw rugs, multiple throw rugs in every room of the house, until she tripped on one while going to the bathroom early one morning, grabbed at a floor lamp which fell over and broke into a million shards, and banged the side of her head against the dresser.

Fortunately, my brother-in-law was staying with her, heard the crash, and rushed in to see what was going on. Her very first words were "All the rugs need to go."

And they did.
As with many things in life, there is a season and when your personal safety or that of another's comes into play things need to be addressed. As we age removing tripping hazards of any kind makes sense.

Old 02-09-2022, 08:50 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Just to throw this out there - when I fell and broke my elbow so badly, and had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital, the doctor asked me what I tripped over, and when I said "My dog," he said that dogs are THE NUMBER ONE THING that people trip over - of any age.

I think that if you need to define a space, an area rug can do that nicely. I thought of this when I was reading an article this morning about redefining spaces. There was a very large open living space, and the author anchored a dining area with two items, not just a rug - she also put a pendant light (large - I think any hanging light fixture would work) over the table. Something to consider.

One thing I like about area rugs - and this is just a personal preference - is that I can keep my other furniture neutral and just pull colors out of the area rugs for different seasons. So for instance, in my living room, my rug is an Asian style rug with many colors in it, but it's predominately I'd say blue and green, with other accent colors throughout it. So I pull out the blue and orange for various seasons, the green and yellow for various seasons, etc. (There's no red in it or I'd pull that out too - LOL) I do have about a gazillion throw pillows (and throws) but hey, I'm seasonal!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating