Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 05:53 PM

15,172 posts, read 27,899,776 times

Advertisements

You must have a drill, bit, etc. so that you can do that. I'm jealous - I'm someone that has always been into collecting rocks, slate, I find, etc. - I like things from nature. That wall display does look great - any tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
I try to get one good one from home depot each time I visited and it took a while to collect some with character. gotta bring a wet rag to see them. my favorite slate tile is hanging by itself in another bathroom
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 11:17 PM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,131,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
...and I thought I was tile obsessive. I used slate to clad a faux chimney frame/box that I set a raised direct vent fireplace set within and actually laid out 70+ pieces of tile and by arranging and rearranging created a pattern where it looks like I have smoke above flames above burning and then cooling embers, and this is with the fireplace turned off. And they say you can't get a pattern from slate.
yeah sometimes flooring material has a greater impact when laid out vertically. I have a wallpanel made of bamboo flooring no pics for now, that area has been taken over by baby stuff

Old 04-08-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
You must have a drill, bit, etc. so that you can do that. I'm jealous - I'm someone that has always been into collecting rocks, slate, I find, etc. - I like things from nature. That wall display does look great - any tips?
thanks. first dont tell me you dont have/cant use a drill I glue slates sometimes BTW depending on the project
lets see your rocks and maybe folks here can give ideas in turning them into decorations

here's my favorite slate tile. dont ask, i'm not sure why LOL

mirrors are great for extending the impact of your artwork outside the room itself

umm how do i post smaller pics?

Last edited by Wysiwyg; 04-08-2009 at 11:58 PM..

Old 04-08-2009, 11:43 PM

ok this might be a good one... fugly builder fans. I got a few of those but theyre just not something i'd like to see on a daily basis, especially the white blades and those tulip looking light fixtures under them (ugh, i almost threw up). anyway i fixed them up with new blades and that 'crystal' chandelier thinger from Ikea. (this rooms have lots of mood lights so this light fixture is for rare max light situations only). its looks like a pricey fan from the outside

faux brick wall anyone?

(this is the tiniest room in my house in case youre wondering)

Old 04-09-2009, 08:06 AM

857 posts, read 4,884,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
thanks. first dont tell me you dont have/cant use a drill I glue slates sometimes BTW depending on the project
lets see your rocks and maybe folks here can give ideas in turning them into decorations

here's my favorite slate tile. dont ask, i'm not sure why LOL

mirrors are great for extending the impact of your artwork outside the room itself

umm how do i post smaller pics?
Nice paint treatment. I really like the use of the horizontal bands of color. BTW, how did you do the design on the group of four tiles?

Old 04-09-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthmeetsSouth View Post
Nice paint treatment. I really like the use of the horizontal bands of color. BTW, how did you do the design on the group of four tiles?
Thanks. that silver/white/gray stripe started from the stairs going into the gameroom and to the bathroom.

the 4 piece artwork is actually a $50 painting can you see Garfield?

Old 04-09-2009, 10:13 PM

homemade breakfast nook bench? the door on the left houses my wife's vacuum cleaner. the right side is a large drawer where I keep some baby formula (it used to be my tool box LOL)

Old 04-09-2009, 10:20 PM

breakfast table

with an elevator

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating