Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 04:06 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,636,358 times

Advertisements

A installer should never had removed the toilet if he seen a crack. That should stop all work until documented. In front of many judges, if the contracter is unlicenced they are told to sit and keep their mouth shut. Very often, all the money is returned to homeowner. If you are happy with the floor they will likely only return the money due to the toilet replacement.

I would contact the state contractor's board first. they will guide you thru the process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 10:19 AM

508 posts, read 1,022,975 times
UPDATE:

It's been over a month and the company still has not sent the check. Also they damaged some of the walls around the stairs. it was sort of hard to see so i didnt notice until i did a full inspection of the house. (it looked like they poked holes in the walls around the stairs almost under the part you step on) they sent an inspector out over to check it out and we talked about how the trim was not put on right and in some spots it was not put on at all. there are HUGE gaps between the walls and floors all over the house, nothing was sealed so i am just waiting for a heard of bugs or something to come in.

Anyway i have documentation on everything short of video taping when the guy came over and said wow this is bad. and its been over a week since he was here and no one has contact me back so last night i sent a formal notification that this needs to be resolved immediately. blah blah and please call first thing in the morning. over an hour since they opened and no phone call so i called and the manager basically said he doesnt give a sh*t and that the check will be cut someday. when i pointed out over a month he said no it has not been that long and i said sir I have the email stating on June 17th that the check would be mailed immediately. and he got angry and said uhm no.

My question is WHAT CAN I DO?????? I want the holes in my wall fixed and i want my floor fixed correctly.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:44 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,140,913 times
Where I live, you go to the magistrate and fine a small claims lawsuit. No lawyer is necessary.

After winning the small claims lawsuit, you can do a sheriff's sale on his personal property if his business isn't incorporated or isn't an LLC.

Not sure about Navada law. You should post in the Navada forums for specifics to your state.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:45 AM

oh this post used to be in the nevada web board i guess the moderators moved it i have no idea why.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:02 PM

100 posts, read 550,643 times
I have never heard of waiting for cabinets to be installed before laying a floor.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:08 PM

yeah they dont put the tile under the cabinets because people out here are retarded. I called every floor place in vegas and got quotes before i settled on them.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:12 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,706,286 times
Maybe this cl posting in Las Vegas would work for you. Tell them you'll buy the bowl () and get them to install it with your old tank and maybe that will solve the whole thing.

Crane Elongated toilet bowls (http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/bfs/1853088532.html - broken link)

Old 07-24-2010, 08:13 PM

the problem was solved a long time ago. this post is months old. but thank you.

it was a no name toilet they had to buy a whole new one. which i found for a cheap price 175

Old 08-02-2010, 03:34 PM

100 posts, read 550,643 times
It worked out for you in the end. You sure took alot of "attitude" from them. And a good lesson learned from reading your experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House