Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 10:08 AM

1,398 posts, read 7,708,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
A shower or...

a window...

a sink...

a litter box...

or an empty shampoo bottle of hers...

Empty beer bottle... recycle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 01:15 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,799,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
So you expect multiple people to use the bathroom at the same time because it has a urinal in it?

And not only doesn't it do number two, it also doesn't "do" women. So it is only covering 25% of possible situaions.
Assuming a toilet enclosure, sure I would expect multiple people to use the bathroom at once. Alternatively, assuming multiple male children.

About the other bit: that 25% is raw data. I think that if you really weight the possible situations by their likeliness to occur, you get something like a 75-80% improvement in efficiency and the urinal may have the effect of giving the home's female occupants their own bathroom elsewhere by virtue of the urinal's male-specific gravitational pull.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:28 PM

18 posts, read 35,558 times
Now I am going to answer this, and I am a GIRL, a very neatnick girl, very OCD about cleanliness. I would love to have a urinal in my husband's bathroom if there were a way to keep it sanitary on a daily basis -- I wouldn't want the darn thing to stink, and I wouldn't want to scrub it every day. The problem is that my dear hubby is over 6 ft tall with very long legs....the taller the guy, the more splash there is when he pees! His aim is good, but he can't avoid the backsplash out onto my floor, walls, even my wastebasket! Gosh, it must be nice to be married to a short guy! Me thinks the only solution is to ask him to sit down on the toilet when he goes -- he would tell me to get a life, so I won't go there. He's such a great guy -- hate to trade him in for a shorter hubby! Honestly, life's so full of major problems ;-)

Old 03-08-2012, 11:55 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,458,537 times
I ask this in all seriousness:

Why dont men sit down to pee?

Old 03-09-2012, 09:14 AM

1,959 posts, read 3,104,813 times
Interesting thread. When I was doing a massive house remodel with a new master suite, I did some research into female urinals as I actually saw them in some old women's dorms on campus! At the time of the remodel, no women's urinals available. I did splurge for a bidet (love it!) and for the new downstairs bathroom, a Toto, bidet toilet seat. What a shame there isn't a good quality, anti-splatter UNI-urinal for home installs.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:34 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,136,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post

Because we don't have to

Old 03-09-2012, 11:10 AM

23,611 posts, read 70,493,499 times
Quote:

Faster, easier, we are designed that way. Women can pee standing up too. In the 1930s, theatres often had urinals for women as well. Fashion changes made them less practical in the U.S., but they are still around in other cultures.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:49 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,458,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Because we don't have to
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Faster, easier, we are designed that way. Women can pee standing up too.

Fair enough, dynimagely.

harry, you're not designed "that way" primarily so you can pee standing up. There was another idea in mind for your design. But I get what you're saying.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:07 PM

3,244 posts, read 7,453,690 times
Quote:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Because we have to stand up to use the sink

Old 03-09-2012, 02:11 PM

3,244 posts, read 7,453,690 times
Ok,

In the man-cave, I put in a urinal in the bathroom , and it works fine. Given that it is a music studio too, it is sort of a place for us guys to hide (just kidding). Put in bidets in the upstairs bathrooms (to be honest, I had never used one before, and it sprayed me in the face )

Urinals are a little funky in a house, but they do what they are designed to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House