Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 12:52 AM

20,292 posts, read 37,167,593 times

Advertisements

Well, there are chemicals you can use to remove it from the foam applicator, but these chemicals aren't designed to remove the stuff from your hands. The best thing ti do is to wear gloves when applying the foam. If you look at how to clean the Hilti foam applicator, there is a cleaning canister you connect to the applicator to remove foam from the inside passages to the applicator. Once you have cleaned the tool inside, you can spray some of the cleaner on a rag and scrub the outside of the applicator.

But if you get this foam on our hands, good luck trying to get it off. I have used Goyo hand cleaner with pumice, plus a 3M green scrubbing pad to remove it off my hands, and most comes off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 05:22 PM

690 posts, read 963,597 times
pine sol does work for aftermath residue, but the thing is u have to wipe/wash like every item u ever touched cuz the foam is on them, faucets, door handles, cell phones, etc, its crazy
i wonder what others do, they just deal with it all their life or someth? cuz its never gon wear off by itself from certain things so then u just gon keep getting it on your hands when you touch them
it is amazing how concentrated it is, i got it on my hands back and forth indirectly from items mentioned above

Old 06-11-2013, 08:43 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,204,852 times
The good news is there are chemicals which dissolve urethane foam. The bad news is they're things like methylene chloride and dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO). Probably carbon tet would work too. Any of them the cure is worse than the disease. (DMSO tends to be easily absorbed by skin, and brings anything dissolved in it along with it. You don't want that. The others are toxic and carcinogenic)

Old 12-05-2013, 09:56 AM

129 posts, read 425,066 times
I will try pine sol. Best luck I have had is Goo Be Gone Pro-Power, gentle on fabrics, but it doesn't take it completely off.

Old 12-05-2013, 02:15 PM

5,641 posts, read 24,948,076 times
On cloth all you can do is let it cure and scrape the surface. On other surfaces I have had reasonable luck with spray carburetor cleaner or brake parts cleaner.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:04 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,251,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Well, there are chemicals you can use to remove it from the foam applicator, but these chemicals aren't designed to remove the stuff from your hands. The best thing ti do is to wear gloves when applying the foam. If you look at how to clean the Hilti foam applicator, there is a cleaning canister you connect to the applicator to remove foam from the inside passages to the applicator. Once you have cleaned the tool inside, you can spray some of the cleaner on a rag and scrub the outside of the applicator.

But if you get this foam on our hands, good luck trying to get it off. I have used Goyo hand cleaner with pumice, plus a 3M green scrubbing pad to remove it off my hands, and most comes off.
I had the little tube come off, and it all blew back on both hands. I finally got it off after hours of applications of rubbing alchol and them dawn dishwashing detergent, then repeat. I did use it on the door since the siding is nailed on so tight it can't be repositioned, but otherwise avoid the stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House