Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2014, 09:27 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times

Advertisements

The thing that drives me crazy is a bunch of couples/wedding pictures.

Yes I know your a couple or married and no I don't need to see 30 different pictures on the wall of you holding hands in various ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2014, 10:32 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,765,774 times
Craig, eek, pink shutters, for real?????

Old 08-25-2014, 09:23 PM

1,320 posts, read 2,699,648 times
Another thought on signs that say stuff like "Believe" or "The most important thing in life isn't things" is that I have found that the people I know who display these signs may WISH that this is what they believe, but they behave in the exact opposite way. To them, things are indeed what is most important. Maybe you have had the opposite experience, but not me. And it is open to question what exactly they believe in. Money and stuff, I suppose.

Old 12-27-2014, 11:15 AM

1,380 posts, read 1,450,568 times
1. Refrigerator magnets or other crap stuck to it.
2. Ornamental plates displayed on walls.
3. Labeled grain/sugar/flower canisters displayed on the counter-tops.
4. Fake gold/yellow door handles/knobs.
5. Collections/displays of coffee mugs with slogans (#1 Dad, Best Mom etc...)
6. Cutie kitchen towels displayed.
7. Fluorescent lights.
8. Theme coasters.
9. Over the top, too ornate furniture (makes you feel like you're in Versailles).
10. Prints of famous paintings.

Old 12-27-2014, 11:24 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
1. Refrigerator magnets or other crap stuck to it. hate them too
2. Ornamental plates displayed on walls. cant stand the dust collectors
3. Labeled grain/sugar/flower canisters displayed on the counter-tops. have them as gifts from grandkids.. sooooo
4. Fake gold/yellow door handles/knobs. hahahaha
5. Collections/displays of coffee mugs with slogans (#1 Dad, Best Mom etc...) dont likey either
6. Cutie kitchen towels displayed. again agree...
7. Fluorescent lights. have one in kitchen although hardly use it , use underlights
8. Theme coasters. hahahah again I agree. like mine plain
9. Over the top, too ornate furniture (makes you feel like you're in Versailles). mmm yep
10. Prints of famous paintings. you got them all

looks as if we ll get on hahaaha.

cant stand clothes with any writing on them, or numbers.
ladies boots with the toes out....WHY
Gladiator shoes or sandals
fingerless gloves
Fair Isle patterns on clothes.
Men wearing those childish fur hats with the lugs down
Leather trousers.
Lots of photographs in frames all over a house.
Couples who go out together dressed more of less the same.

Old 12-27-2014, 11:33 AM

17,710 posts, read 29,829,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Couples who go out together dressed more of less the same.

Don and Nancy Featherstone.
Don invented the plastic pink flamingo.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Don+...w=1243&bih=949

Old 12-27-2014, 11:57 AM

2,535 posts, read 3,101,947 times
Good to see this thread is still going! lots of fun reading on a rainy day.
That reminds me, I'm starting a new (slightly related) thread in Other Topics...

Old 12-27-2014, 11:59 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
The thing that drives me crazy is a bunch of couples/wedding pictures.

Yes I know your a couple or married and no I don't need to see 30 different pictures on the wall of you holding hands in various ways.
My furnishings and decor are chosen for my pleasure, not to impress those who might visit. I'm sure there are those who are simply interested in making an impression, but I believe the vast majority are not at all concerned with what you do or do not want to see on their walls, and that's how it should be. A private home is just that: private. Decor should reflect the interests of the occupants. Your preferences are irrelevant. If you don't want to see a wall full of wedding photos, I'm sure there's a booth open at the local Applebee's.

Old 12-27-2014, 12:11 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Oh I'm so glad to see this hilarious thread revived, complete with brand new criticisms from those who take offense at the topic!

As for you, Miss Dizzybint and GTT99 - I'd like to know what your dang problem is with refrigerator magnets and ornamental plates. And by the way, my "yellow" door knobs aren't fake gold - they're real brass.

But I digress! LOL Carry on!

Old 12-27-2014, 12:39 PM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Oh I'm so glad to see this hilarious thread revived, complete with brand new criticisms from those who take offense at the topic!

As for you, Miss Dizzybint and GTT99 - I'd like to know what your dang problem is with refrigerator magnets and ornamental plates. And by the way, my "yellow" door knobs aren't fake gold - they're real brass.

But I digress! LOL Carry on!
hahahahah I apologise Kathryn... I imagined your knobs to be of the highest quality like yourself ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House