Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 08:52 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,036,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
At least we have the freedom of choice My niece in NY wrote in and told me it's nice but she also loves the old red brick. Maybe it's a comfort with what people grew up with.

I love old style Craftsman cottages, big old crocks and pottery. Mike says "why"…I just do

Thank you.

Yes, for many I think so. And for me, it was something I didn't have or know as a child...and once I was introduced to it in my twenties, I've loved it more every year. But I love so many different styles - (I'm hooked on those hgtv remodel shows) - a style I really love is southwestern stucco -- but I doubt I could get comfortable living in it. Freedom of choice is a wonderful thing! I'm still wading thru your blog, btw....so very interesting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 07:18 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Beautiful job so far!

Old 02-23-2015, 06:31 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
Yes, for many I think so. And for me, it was something I didn't have or know as a child...and once I was introduced to it in my twenties, I've loved it more every year. But I love so many different styles - (I'm hooked on those hgtv remodel shows) - a style I really love is southwestern stucco -- but I doubt I could get comfortable living in it. Freedom of choice is a wonderful thing! I'm still wading thru your blog, btw....so very interesting!

I love seeing those shows also but without the drama, lol. Actually Mike watches and listens to TV while I read. Occasionally I will look up and watch without the sound I find annoying that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Beautiful job so far!
Thank you.

And now for the new update:
Mike and Lisa's World: Wrapping Things Up…A Little Of This and That

Old 02-23-2015, 01:07 PM

Enjoying your posts, threads, blogs, pics, etc. so much! Gosh I remember when I first came to CD way back in '08 as piperspal (before my pc got fried & I had to get a new moniker!)...your TN off-grid house was (& still is!) one of my favorite reads on the internet. But following this flip has really made me want to check out FL again. So many of my friends & family have winter homes or year round places down in FL....I keep thinking nope, too hot & humid for me. Nothing like looking at your pics of amazing water views while my backyard has over 20" of snow on the ground....suddenly hot & humid sounds pretty good! Looking forward to the before & afters!

Old 02-28-2015, 06:54 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,058,562 times
I read this thread the other day and discovered your blog...I am currently reading your off the grid journey...I am obsessed LOL!

Old 03-02-2015, 11:40 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
Enjoying your posts, threads, blogs, pics, etc. so much! Gosh I remember when I first came to CD way back in '08 as piperspal (before my pc got fried & I had to get a new moniker!)...your TN off-grid house was (& still is!) one of my favorite reads on the internet. But following this flip has really made me want to check out FL again. So many of my friends & family have winter homes or year round places down in FL....I keep thinking nope, too hot & humid for me. Nothing like looking at your pics of amazing water views while my backyard has over 20" of snow on the ground....suddenly hot & humid sounds pretty good! Looking forward to the before & afters!

Ha, ha..yeah the grass always seems to be greener. I will be ready to go back as soon as it gets too hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsydevil82 View Post
I read this thread the other day and discovered your blog...I am currently reading your off the grid journey...I am obsessed LOL!
Enjoy

Mike designed a new house filtration system for us

Mike and Lisa's World: Our New Water Filtration System

Old 03-02-2015, 12:21 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,021,630 times
Mike is a genius

Old 03-02-2015, 12:58 PM

Amazing. Perseverance and tenacity. You two have unlimited amounts of both.

Old 03-02-2015, 07:55 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
Hi Mike & Lisa sorry I've been gone so just now read 2 weeks updates I have 2 questions. Now ya both know I think you are the berries so this is just an inquiring mind wanting to know.

#1 Why didn't you paint the trim boards around the front door before Mike put them up?

#2 With all your flips you have taught us not to put dirt up against the house & y'all use stone & curbing. (which BTW always looked clean) So why are you leaving dirt up against this one?

I have plum decided when SHTF I hope Mike & you are near by for me to learn how to MacGyver every day things.

Enjoy the kids and have Ella give Niki you know what from you know who.

Old 03-02-2015, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post

I have plum decided when SHTF I hope Mike & you are near by for me to learn how to MacGyver every day things.
:

Ha! Spot on Jaxson!! Great line - funny and true!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House