Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2014, 04:34 PM

4,554 posts, read 3,754,316 times

Advertisements

I am trying to get a multi-size tile glass backsplash priced for the house and feel like I am getting the run around. All the contractors said it will cost "a few thousand" and one said it will cost "several thousand." They have yet to give me a good estimate. What would be a ballpark figure for glass backsplash for 2 kitchen walls and 1 small Butler's pantry (approximately 14ft x 14ft). An example of what I'm talking about is below, imagine all the backsplash being glass. I am just looking for a VERY rough estimate of how much this might cost. Any opinions or what you guys might expect this to cost would even be helpful, because I have to estimate incentives and discounts to my real estate agent.

Multiple Size Glass Mix Stone Backsplash Tile Wholesale, View backsplash tile wholesale, CENTURY-backsplash tile Product Details from Qingdao Century Import & Export Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 04:48 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
I am trying to get a multi-size tile glass backsplash priced for the house and feel like I am getting the run around. All the contractors said it will cost "a few thousand" and one said it will cost "several thousand." They have yet to give me a good estimate. What would be a ballpark figure for glass backsplash for 2 kitchen walls and 1 small Butler's pantry (approximately 14ft x 14ft). An example of what I'm talking about is below, imagine all the backsplash being glass. I am just looking for a VERY rough estimate of how much this might cost. Any opinions or what you guys might expect this to cost would even be helpful, because I have to estimate incentives and discounts to my real estate agent.

Multiple Size Glass Mix Stone Backsplash Tile Wholesale, View backsplash tile wholesale, CENTURY-backsplash tile Product Details from Qingdao Century Import & Export Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com
In order to get a rough estimate you need a more accurate measurement and the tile you want. Are you going all the way from the counter to underneath the cabinets? How long is each wall in each kitchen? The Butler's pantry is 14 feet x14 feet…how much of that do you want tiled?

Then you need to find the tile. Something like the tile you have shown will be a square ft price. Each square foot of tile can be anywhere from $6.00 a squarer foot(rare) all the way up and up. Most off the shelves you can find for about $12-$15 a square foot.

You first need to measure the total square feet that you want tiled. Then pick an average price for your tile. Multiply your total square footage by the price of the tile. That is your material cost.

Then you can ask a contractor his price per square foot on installation. Don't forget to ask about the mortar and grout.

Your original question was too vague. Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House