Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 02:07 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,359,422 times

Advertisements

Many of these things are items that you can purchase for your home. An aquarium bed for instance, I know a company that makes custum aquariums and they will build just about anything. The backyard projection TV has been available for a long time. Others are some very nice built in's such as the under stair storage and the stair book case. I loved the backyard beach themed fire pit. Then again I am in a beach community.

Other things like building a slide in your home or a skate park room, while very cool, I don't see working for the average homeowner. I have seen some over the top homes that were amazing. If I had the money I would love a skate park room. I would love a pool that was inside and outside. One home on the beach near us has a pool on the first floor, meaning the first floor is a pool and jacuzi. The second floor has the living room, kitchen dining room, family room, and a bath room. The third floor has the bedrooms and master bath and smaller baths in the other three bedrooms. Realize that at the beach homes are built that cover the majority of your lot. You don't normally have a front and back yard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 07:48 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,373,234 times
I like the forest chandelier. A lot. Other shapes could be used to to create crystalline or abstract motifs.

The sand has got to be a joke.

The swingset table looks like a conference table at a tech startup run by millennials. One that will go bust when they realize that a catchy name, good web design, a swingset table, and a $10,000/month loft office space does not make up for no actual product.

The cat transit system is very cool as is the human transit system (the spiral staircase/slide).

The understairs storage is not new. It is called the cupboard under the stairs. The one depicted is very efficiently designed, though.

Ping Pong door. See my comment on the Swingset table.

The wall that plays music when it rains is the one Dr. Seuss fantasy come to life that would not give me nightmares. It would, however drive me nuts if it rained all night.

I love the vertical herb garden. That seems very practical for anyone with a small, south facing kitchen with some unused wall space.

Hammock over the stairs. See my comment on the swingset table. "JOSH! LINDA! Can you come over to the the hammock over the stairs? Bring your laptops, we're having a hammock meeting!"

Skate park room. "Hi, I'm Ted. An unemployed 23 year old multimillionaire."

Balcony pools. Avoid the greenish one on the 12th floor.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:54 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,286,736 times
Where would I put Harry Potter if I opted for under-stair storage?

The spiral staircase wine cellar is something I've actually thought about. I have a high water table problem that makes it impractical. It would take an awful lot of crushed stone under it/around it and sump pump that runs frequently to keep the water issue under control.

The backyard stand-alone office is also something I've thought about.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:56 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,099,661 times
Yep all of these look super expensive and not affordable for the average homeowner indeed .

Old 07-17-2016, 10:33 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,804,194 times
I have to have one of those sculptures that turns your chandelier into a forest in your room. So spooky. So Halloween. Thanks for posting this Dude.

Old 07-17-2016, 03:04 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,118,890 times
I'm dying at the cat transport system right under the giant litter box under the desk.

Old 07-18-2016, 03:02 PM

356 posts, read 282,005 times
I'd like to have the sand under my desk in my office at work. Couldn't (wouldn't) have it at home. Most of these seem to be toys for very rich people and wouldn't be practical or add value to your home.

Old 07-18-2016, 03:40 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,240,678 times
The glass floor in the bathroom would cure constipation. It'd scare the poop out of you! I'd love to sleep with the fishes.

Old 07-18-2016, 04:09 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,848,066 times
Amusing. Mostly fake, but still cute suggestions. BTW the bathroom floor is on another website about super realistic looking painting jobs (e.g. it is a painting, not really a glass floor over a pit).

Old 07-18-2016, 04:39 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,288,194 times
I have seen under the stairs storage before. Great idea. This one I always thought was really cool.

I like the idea of the library in the stairwell-especially if you don't have the room for one.

Cat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House