Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 11:26 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,879,364 times

Advertisements

Mr. Clean eraser works really well on tubs. Get the extra strength one if you have a fiberglass tub with a textured bottom, or a lot of hard water buildup. If you have footprints in the tub, the Mr. Clean eraser will get rid of them. I tried different products over the span of a year to get rid of a black footprint in a tub, and finally out of desperation I tried the eraser and it took it right off. I've used it ever since.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 01:04 PM

762 posts, read 610,984 times
Just came back from Lowe's bought the following-
ZAb the one of the tub $8 (huge container)
3 different cleaners from Barman's friend or whatever
CLR

The stains are all dirt. I have dirty feet =(

Old 08-23-2016, 03:45 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,545,986 times
Bar Keeper's Friend (the powder, not the liquid) and a sponge with the scrubbie side. Wet it until it's slightly damp, and you'll need to use elbow grease, but it should do the trick.

Old 08-23-2016, 08:23 PM

6,589 posts, read 4,977,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LamarOdomsDealer View Post
CLR

Me too. A Magic Erasure with Ka-Boom or Soft Scrub does the trick

Old 08-24-2016, 03:47 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
CLR

Get something that works on oily dirty stains then. Something that has oxidize element in it. I was going to suggest borax laundry soap...the dry additive for clothes washing. I'd make a paste and leave overnight covering the area. Repeat as needed.

I find a good scrub brush helps too.

Be careful to rinse all these products so that you don't slip when you are showering. Never mix bleach with other household cleaners, it is toxic and unsafe to breath.

This link lists several steps,

Geeks On Home: How to Remove Stains from a Bathtub

Old 08-24-2016, 07:17 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,277,063 times
Quote:
I admit I neglected my bathtub and that I shouldn't have. I'm moving out and have tried cleaning out these deep dirt stains with vinegar, bleach, and baking soda. I've gotten out some stains that weren't that deep but the rest is still there. I Googled what to do for this and it's those things. I then found out you need to clean based on the material that your tub is made of. I have no idea if it's porcelain or acrylic. It's a shiny, thick white tub with a heavy, sturdy feel. Any ideas on how to clean it further? Someone suggested buying something called Bar Keeper's Friend but I don't know which product to consider buying. Thanks
Bar Keepers Friend

Old 08-27-2016, 11:11 AM

762 posts, read 610,984 times
Okay I did some housework this morning and my tub looks 85% better!!! Still working on it. I started with the cheapest products that I bought. I first used generic Magic Erasers from the dollar store (just bought this yesterday as there is a dollar store near work). It worked really well! I stopped buying most cleaners at the dollar store because to me they were very diluted but this worked! I then applied the Bar Keeper's Friend powder over the tub and used one of those rough green sponges to scrub and again it worked!

Thanks for the Magic Eraser suggestion. =)

Old 12-24-2016, 08:33 AM

5,046 posts, read 9,624,436 times
Quote:
Okay I did some housework this morning and my tub looks 85% better!!! Still working on it. I started with the cheapest products that I bought. I first used generic Magic Erasers from the dollar store (just bought this yesterday as there is a dollar store near work). It worked really well! I stopped buying most cleaners at the dollar store because to me they were very diluted but this worked! I then applied the Bar Keeper's Friend powder over the tub and used one of those rough green sponges to scrub and again it worked!

Thanks for the Magic Eraser suggestion. =)
Wonderful. Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are great. You could try topping it off now with Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Extra Power. I used to get them in Dollar General but now in Lowes. I used them, among many other things, to clean a white painted brick fireplace surround that was totally black with soot. Since you are economical, any leftover will always be useful even for things like white or light colored sneakers including the part around the bottom that gets scuffed. Shines them right up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House