Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 11:05 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,614,054 times

Advertisements

Police Release Last Text Message 14-Year-Old Sent Before She Was Electrocuted in Bathtub.

Police have released the last text message that 14-year-old Madison Coe sent before she was electrocuted while texting in the bathtub at her father’s New Mexico home.

Coe, of New Mexico, reportedly texted an image of her phone charger plugged into an extension cord to a friend along with the message, “When you use [an] extension cord so you can plug your phone in while you’re in the bath.”

Police Release Last Text Message 14-Year-Old Sent Before She Was Electrocuted in Bathtub
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 11:43 AM

973 posts, read 915,892 times
Survival of the fittest

Old 07-18-2017, 12:16 PM

1,877 posts, read 2,238,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffypoopoo View Post
Survival of the fittest
I'm going to say your comment is a little misplaced. None of us are born with an innate understanding of physics/electricity/current flow and the victim was only 14. Typically one is introduced to high school physics at the age of 17. Still perhaps we could all do more to educate others about risky behaviors to prevent more tragedies. In a slightly related tangent, faulty swimming pool lights are also posing a danger.

Old 07-18-2017, 01:02 PM

4,385 posts, read 4,394,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwong7 View Post
I'm going to say your comment is a little misplaced. None of us are born with an innate understanding of physics/electricity/current flow and the victim was only 14. Typically one is introduced to high school physics at the age of 17. Still perhaps we could all do more to educate others about risky behaviors to prevent more tragedies. In a slightly related tangent, faulty swimming pool lights are also posing a danger.
When a 14 year old doesn't understand about electrocution risk using household AC current in a tub of water either her parents didn't do their job or she never paid attention when people were explaining the dangers of life. Maybe because she was too busy texting and checking twitter.

Old 07-18-2017, 01:10 PM

1,616 posts, read 1,809,331 times
Most people know this. Some Parents and kids know this but don't care. theres reaction to every action

Old 07-18-2017, 01:24 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
Sometimes you encounter people who do not understand the difference between something that may hurt you or something that may kill you. I was in a swimming pool recently when a person jumped in with a microphone that is supposed to be water proof. This lady is a nurse and should know the difference between something that is supposed to be safe around water and taking that item into the water. She criticized me for starting to leave the pool. One frayed cord on that system and we could all have been dead.

The only complaint I have with our aquatic center is that they do not have enough respect for electricity. I also left the pool one day when someone was vacuuming the area and I saw the cord he was using stretched over the water's edge, not touching but it wouldn't take much for it to end up in the water. And I am sure it was supposed to be waterproof too. Sometimes you have to use a little common sense.

They can laugh at me all they want to but I am not putting my safety at risk just because something is supposed to be waterproof.

Old 07-18-2017, 01:33 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,614,054 times
As a electrician I found a light fixture in a shower where the water ran down the light bulb. The home owner had to be crazy.

Old 07-18-2017, 03:29 PM

2,454 posts, read 3,219,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Sometimes you encounter people who do not understand the difference between something that may hurt you or something that may kill you. I was in a swimming pool recently when a person jumped in with a microphone that is supposed to be water proof.
How would that have hurt you?

Old 07-18-2017, 05:04 PM

1,877 posts, read 2,238,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
How would that have hurt you?
They could have been electrocuted, shocked, paralyzed, and/or subsequently drowned. It happens. There's a also a big difference between "water-resistant" and waterproof. This instance reminds me of the Texas pastor who as electrocuted by microphone while in the baptism tank.

NBC

Fox News

Old 07-18-2017, 07:27 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times
Yeah, and don't take electrical stuff into the bathtub.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House