Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2021, 08:27 AM

15,253 posts, read 13,020,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
My point was that spending a ton of money on a high end garage fridge is not most people's priority.
So? Who cares what most people's priority is? They're not paying the bills.

The OP clearly has a high-end home and he can afford to get what he wants. I'd love to have a large fridge in our 4-car garage, which only has one car in it. However, summers get to 115 degrees and above here, which I'm told is very bad for refrigerators.

I have one Sub-Zero in the main kitchen and one in the catering kitchen. They're both full. I've discovered during the pandemic timeout I really like to cook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2021, 08:39 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,386,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
So? Who cares what most people's priority is? They're not paying the bills.

The OP clearly has a high-end home and he can afford to get what he wants.....
Did you miss the fact that the OP posted the thread to begin with, asking for advice and feedback?

If the only acceptable response to all threads is "Great idea! Love it! Fantastic! If you can afford it, any idea is a great idea!" then I think the whole purpose of the forum is lost.

Old 03-02-2021, 03:58 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,306,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
funny, we bought a $500 fridge with a top freezer this past summer and i was noticing recently that the freezer doesnt seem to be keeping things totally frozen. i thought maybe it was manfunctioning but its actually good for me to hear its just because its too cold in the garage.

i think i would need a very large family to require more refrigeration. the fridge portion has some drinks that i threw in there since its empty but it only really gets used if we are having some kind of party at the house.
You can get a heating element for the fridge to have it continue to work when the garage is colder.

Old 03-02-2021, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Did you miss the fact that the OP posted the thread to begin with, asking for advice and feedback?

If the only acceptable response to all threads is "Great idea! Love it! Fantastic! If you can afford it, any idea is a great idea!" then I think the whole purpose of the forum is lost.
I don’t mind the critique, although it ultimately didn’t influence my decision. The second GE works great and matches the original nicely. Ultimately it was a better spend of $800 than $2000+.

Old 03-03-2021, 08:11 AM

9,209 posts, read 6,296,131 times
I don't like frozen food so I got a large refrigerator with a modest freezer for my home. I prefer to shop often to replenish the fresh foods.

Old 03-03-2021, 10:11 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,279,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
I ended up getting a matching fridge to what I have now, and will reverse the doors so I get pretty much the same effect as a double door reach in.
I'm trying to visualize this and failing. What does that mean about the doors?

In any case, congratulations on your new acquisition - lots of cold frosty beverages in your future, hopefully the warm weather won't be too far away!

Old 03-03-2021, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I'm trying to visualize this and failing. What does that mean about the doors?

In any case, congratulations on your new acquisition - lots of cold frosty beverages in your future, hopefully the warm weather won't be too far away!
Basically the handles for both are side by side. 2 matching fridges side by side, the left one with the handles on the right and hinge on the left, and the right is the opposite.

Old 03-03-2021, 08:15 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,439,549 times
Quote:
Two $500 fridges, brand new from Lowe's, is still half the price, and almost certainly more internal capacity than your $2000 garage fridge.

Most people I know who have a second fridge in the garage, barn, or basement, have one of those 60 year old rounded Frigidaires or something like that (typ. cost $100 or so). But if you feel like burning money, go ahead.
It's not nearly as "cool" though....no pun intended?

Old 03-04-2021, 05:32 AM

6,840 posts, read 11,597,647 times
Quote:
Most people I know who have a second fridge in the garage, barn, or basement, have one of those 60 year old rounded Frigidaires or something like that (typ. cost $100 or so). But if you feel like burning money, go ahead.
No.....now days it’s a white, top freezer model relegated to the garage after it was replaced by a stainless steel French door in the kitchen.

When we were building, the house we were renting came with a fridge so we put our SS French door in the garage. I told Mr. Dokie we had the best garage fridge on the block.

Old 03-04-2021, 11:08 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,279,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Basically the handles for both are side by side. 2 matching fridges side by side, the left one with the handles on the right and hinge on the left, and the right is the opposite.
oh, I see now, thanks! I missed that this was going next to its twin, I had mistakenly thought one was in the kitchen and one was in the garage
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House