Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2022, 08:56 AM

1,544 posts, read 1,191,203 times

Advertisements

I am getting quotes to have my shower remodeled. I want non-tile options and they seem to have good reviews and have been in the biz 25 years. There is another local company that does this and will be getting a quote from them too.

Wondering if anyone has had experience using Jacuzzi Bath Remodel to re-do their shower and how that went?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2022, 10:33 AM

14,246 posts, read 14,720,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BijouBaby View Post
I am getting quotes to have my shower remodeled. I want non-tile options and they seem to have good reviews and have been in the biz 25 years. There is another local company that does this and will be getting a quote from them too.

Wondering if anyone has had experience using Jacuzzi Bath Remodel to re-do their shower and how that went?
I believe they are a "lead finder" company and they pass the lead on to local remodelers.

Old 10-02-2022, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
I believe they are a "lead finder" company and they pass the lead on to local remodelers.
Yes, I got that impression too. But I assume they are all required to operate using the Jacuzzi product line and labor specs?

So maybe I should have phrased my question as, has anyone had experience with using the Jacuzzi products/materials installed by a Jacuzzi-authorized sub-contractor (local company) to remodel a shower? Such as endurance, quality of materials & accessories, appearance, installation experience, etc? It's hard to believe they can do it all in 8 hours. But all these shower remodel companies say the same - 1 day install.

Old 10-02-2022, 11:09 AM

14,246 posts, read 14,720,946 times
Quote:
Yes, I got that impression too. But I assume they are all required to operate using the Jacuzzi product line and labor specs?

So maybe I should have phrased my question as, has anyone had experience with using the Jacuzzi products/materials installed by a Jacuzzi-authorized sub-contractor (local company) to remodel a shower? Such as endurance, quality of materials & accessories, appearance, installation experience, etc? It's hard to believe they can do it all in 8 hours. But all these shower remodel companies say the same - 1 day install.
To remove a tub and install a walking shower expect to pay about $5K to $6K.

Old 10-02-2022, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
To remove a tub and install a walking shower expect to pay about $5K to $6K.
Sorry I wasn't clear on this, but the job will be to replace an existing fiberglass shower surround & glass door, with another non-tile surround and sliding glass door (no tub involved). Not sure how I came to this figure, but I'm guessing it will be around $4K-ish, depending on material/accessory choices.

Would just like to hear experiences people have had with Jacuzzi or any other company doing this kind of shower stall remodel.

Old 10-02-2022, 05:44 PM

17,472 posts, read 66,002,677 times
Existing “shower”- and replacing “like for like”; why?
Sounds like a waste of money!

Old 10-02-2022, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
Existing “shower”- and replacing “like for like”; why?
Sounds like a waste of money!
Replacing it because its worn out and the shower door leaks which has corroded its aluminum frame. The pebbled traction on the floor has worn away so it's very slippery. I've slipped on it several times and never really feel safe using it. The door swings open the wrong way which makes it awkward to enter/exit the shower. It's just a bad design, an unsightly worn out mess, and a slip hazard. I've put off replacing it for years because of the cost, but am now fed up with it. Time to replace with a better-designed, safer enclosure with seating, grab bars, and sliding door.

Last edited by BijouBaby; 10-02-2022 at 07:34 PM..

Old 10-03-2022, 07:49 AM

35,000 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:

I don't know who the vendor was because the Jacuzzi was installed by a prior owner, that dates it to before 1992. It's going well.

Old 10-03-2022, 10:02 AM

17,472 posts, read 66,002,677 times
Quote:
Replacing it because its worn out and the shower door leaks which has corroded its aluminum frame. The pebbled traction on the floor has worn away so it's very slippery. I've slipped on it several times and never really feel safe using it. The door swings open the wrong way which makes it awkward to enter/exit the shower. It's just a bad design, an unsightly worn out mess, and a slip hazard. I've put off replacing it for years because of the cost, but am now fed up with it. Time to replace with a better-designed, safer enclosure with seating, grab bars, and sliding door.

Oh; now we’re getting somewhere. The details always come later, which makes forming a decision so much easier.

What kind of budget do you have in mind?
How old is the house?
How long do you intend to stay?
If all of these answers lead to short numbers (other than age of house)-
Have you considered/looked into just having it refinished instead?

Old 10-03-2022, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
Oh; now we’re getting somewhere. The details always come later, which makes forming a decision so much easier.

What kind of budget do you have in mind?
How old is the house?
How long do you intend to stay?
If all of these answers lead to short numbers (other than age of house)-
Have you considered/looked into just having it refinished instead?
Getting it refinished would be like slapping lipstick on a pig. I doubt that could be done anyway with this old fiberglass enclosure. Nope, want brand new now. I'm expecting to pay 4-6K. Getting the first estimate Saturday. There's another local company that I want to also get a quote from. Both get high recommendations locally. Will pick from one of these two. Doesn't matter how old the house is or how long I intend to stay. It's crapped out NOW and it needs to go. That's all there is to it.

Now, if ALL your questions are answered to your satisfaction, I would like to hear from others who have had this work done and how it went.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House