Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2008, 10:06 PM

450 posts, read 2,321,170 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have experience specifically with the Crestline brand of modular homes? Good, bad, etc?

How are they as compared to other modular companies such as Ritz Craft, R-Anell, etc? Can't find much research online,

FWIW I am in North Carolina, so wondering more about the typical modular companies that build around here as opposed to ones in the west or north that wouldn't have anything to do with what's available around here. I can't find too many reviews or exeriences online, just a bit of company info.

Old 08-02-2008, 10:24 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,181,397 times
I sent you a DM...not sure it those are the type you are interested in , but sent it anyway!

Old 08-20-2008, 10:08 PM

1 posts, read 9,051 times
I purchased a Crestline home in 2003 and had a contractor set it up in Ashe Co., NC.
My wife and I researched about 18 different companies. We checked the specs. and toured many of the manufacturing plants of the best ones. Crestline was without a doubt the best modular home we could find. Cresline's owner, the Manis family, owns another modular company, Manis Homes. Most of the plans are the same in both companies but there are some differences in choices--ie cabinets 36" or 42". Both companies produce great products. The Manis family does some things in their homes that no other company does--ie sand the entire floor before installing walls and floor coverings (If you later want to replace carpet with linoleum you would not have to sand the floors which is very messy in a house you are living in!). I recommend that you check out both companies and tour the plants. They are both in the Laurinburg, NC area.
Our setup contractor had problems with his subs following through on time and winter weather in the mts. set in and caused delays in completing the setup. Manis (Crestline Homes) had minor factory follow things to do on site. They had trouble getting workers to come so far (Laurinburg to Ashe Co) in the winter but they did everything on the punch list and then some. We were very satisfied with Crestline workers and workmanship. Our contractor said that this was the heaviest modular that he had ever setup-- there was so much lumber in it.
The house has been in place for 5 years and there are no cracks or other signs of settling. We have found no problems in the house in the past 5 years! The house has excellent insulation, and it gets very cold in Ashe Co.
When looking at plans I could not find any that suited us so I redesigned Crestline's plans and had them build what I wanted. They charged $500 to draw up the blueprints and $500 more to get them approved by NC Highway Dept. to allow the modulars to be taken on the road. The design looks great inside has proven to be great for daily living.
We sold this house to my wife's brother in 2003 and are now researching modulars for my wife's sister who lives next door. Crestline is the top contender so far!!!
I have had houses built on site before and I would never do a stick-built home again!!
The Crestline experience made me a believer in modular homes. Modular construction saves money: building in quantity means volume purchasing of materials, no lost days to weather, expensive machinery gets lots of use--no transporting equipment and personnel from site to site except at setup time, they take less time to complete--reduces construction loan costs. Modular construction improves quality: workers repeat the same processes many more times because they build more houses the same way--increased skill, units are built in iron **** that keep the unit square, and they are dried in before they leave the building-- they don't get wet like site built lumber does. These are just a few of the reasons I like modulars. However, all of them are not alike. Some are just one step above mobile homes, so look carefully.
Some people say that mortgage companies treat them like mobile homes. That is not true! We went to 6 lenders and no loan officers treated them any different than site built house. Loads for mobile homes are treated differently. There may be a difference between the bank appraisers, however. We did not deal with them.

Good luck on your new home!!!
WMDavis

Old 05-05-2009, 09:49 AM

5 posts, read 24,436 times
I never heard of them you must be very lucky in finding a good company, most of them are not.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:24 PM

1 posts, read 8,274 times
Crestline is a sister company of Manis modulars of Maxton,nc. have heard some bad stuff on same, no warranty and bad construction! Beware.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:55 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,252,946 times
I found this in a Google search

Cresline's owner, the Manis family, owns another modular company, Manis Homes. ...
http://www.city-data.com/forum/house...e-company.html - This is a dead link.

This is an active link. http://www.c-r-g.com/manis/

Last edited by linicx; 08-01-2009 at 04:26 PM.. Reason: correct post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House