Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2007, 02:19 PM

10 posts, read 76,251 times

Advertisements

We quite like the Rice Military area (zip code : 77006/77007) from our previous responses in this forum and a short drive through the area. Before we dive further in, will really appreciate if you can share your advice on the area's
- Safety (can you walk in the evening)?
- Child friendliness (can you go for a stroll with a baby)?
- Property tax (is it high? More than 3%-4%)
- Flood issues (does this area flood - heard issues about drainage)
- House price in the area (is it going up/down? is it negotiable?)
- Schools in the area (elementary/nursery)
- Is there anything else in particular to look out for when looking for a house in this area?

Thanks,
Parichay

Last edited by parichay; 06-29-2007 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: forgot one point
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2007, 10:30 AM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,683,084 times
1. No idea.

2. I saw a couple moms pushing a stroller while jogging as I passed through yesterday so I'd say yes.

3. No idea. I think you can check on HCAD.

4. No idea.

5. No idea.

6. Zoned elementary and middle schools are probably not all that great. The elementary did receive TEA Recognized status, but neither school has gotten any parent reviews whatsoever on greatschools.net. This may not mean much however; it's an upper middle class neighborhood so most parents probably send their kids to private school. Zoned high school Lamar is one of the best in HISD. It is the only high school IB/MYP program in the district and is also a magnet school for business, offering a slew of foreign languages. My cousin went there at the same time as Kelly Rowland of Destiny's Child fame.

7. No idea.

Last edited by houstoner; 06-30-2007 at 10:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston