Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 02:54 PM

564 posts, read 2,045,666 times

Advertisements

I'd say both are good options. There's not much of an objective statistcal advantage for one over the other under a variety of comparisons so I'd say it'd probably come down to your personal feelings.

I personally prefer The Woodlands over Champions Forest but I could easily see someone going the other way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 12:38 AM

1 posts, read 3,551 times
I lived in champions forest for over 15 yrs and loved it, funny I now live in the woodlands and although it's ok,it's not Champions Forest by any means. I'm considering moving back into my house in Champions forest right now in fact. I think the quality of the older homes in Champions Forest are hard to beat. The people are friendlier, shoppings better and I still think Klein school far exceed Conroe schools which is what the woodlands schools are( some people believe the woodlands has it's own district but it's Conroe schools). One thing I find is I think over all Champions is far better rounded as far as people go, and like I read earlier I believe the neighboring subdivisions although some are much lower prices still are quality family living. I think as far as Bang for your Buck Champions Forest is a better choice. I look forward to getting back into my home as soon as possible.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:39 PM

1,290 posts, read 5,437,829 times
Whoa, four year old resurrected thread!

Old 07-13-2012, 05:32 AM

27 posts, read 57,300 times
Default Champion Forest versus Kingwood or Woodlands

Trying to narrow down my house search and realtors keep stressing Kingwood or Woodlands but I ran across this Champion Forest area on my own HAR search and love it. Now the question is...Is this a safe place to live? I mean seriously, can you really get all that for these low prices???? Is this too good to believe???Looking for my retirement home and don't like the new built homes with all that open plan. I want rooms for each purpose the way homes were built in the past. You know what I mean? So please advise.....thank you...

Old 07-13-2012, 05:45 AM

342 posts, read 803,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Lady View Post
Trying to narrow down my house search and realtors keep stressing Kingwood or Woodlands but I ran across this Champion Forest area on my own HAR search and love it. Now the question is...Is this a safe place to live? I mean seriously, can you really get all that for these low prices???? Is this too good to believe???Looking for my retirement home and don't like the new built homes with all that open plan. I want rooms for each purpose the way homes were built in the past. You know what I mean? So please advise.....thank you...
Your realtor is not lying to you. FM1960 is not what it is used to be and it is close to Champion Forest, but if you venture at night it is risk everywhere. If you want safe and quietness, your realtor is telling your the truth. 10-15 years ago, I would recommend CF, but lately seeing so many business gone, it is becoming a Dollar store type crowd. If you love that area, I recommend living on the other side of FM249. Champion Forest isn't bad, but I just do not like being so close to areas of unsafe.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:45 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
That is complete and total BS. Yes, the demographics have changed. Some folks are just uneasy when there are sun kissed folk at the grocery store.

There are some people moving out. If I had 5 dollars for everybody I know who moved to Magnolia and thinks it was the biggest mistake they ever made in there lives, I'd be in Paris.

Most of what you are hearing is developer hype. Think housing boom. One way to sell big new is to trash the older.

It depends on your comfort level. I live between Champion Forest 12 and Stuebner Airline, south of Cypress Creek in the kind of house you are looking for. We are comprised of newborns to really old seniors like me. We all go out to dinner at night, we shop at night and walk our dogs at midnight.

There are places where I would not hang out now and but did not when I was 30, either. This is a fine community. Anybody telling you differently does not know the community or they have another agenda.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:46 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,174,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodwings19 View Post
... but if you venture at night it is risk everywhere....

Bwahahahahahahaha! Overstating it a bit, aren't we?

Ronnie

Old 07-13-2012, 07:09 AM

811 posts, read 1,556,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodwings19 View Post
Your realtor is not lying to you. FM1960 is not what it is used to be and it is close to Champion Forest, but if you venture at night it is risk everywhere. If you want safe and quietness, your realtor is telling your the truth. 10-15 years ago, I would recommend CF, but lately seeing so many business gone, it is becoming a Dollar store type crowd. If you love that area, I recommend living on the other side of FM249. Champion Forest isn't bad, but I just do not like being so close to areas of unsafe.
Here we go again. Some people never get tired of spewing rubbish.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:47 AM

2,628 posts, read 8,833,187 times
Champion Forest is perfectly fine.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:12 AM

27 posts, read 57,300 times
Thank you all for your input. I do appreciate the warnings about that 1960 main drag, when I was in Houston about 8 months ago I could see how that wasn't very impressive. And not a place I'd want to walk at night. But I also know I've lived in places before where the main street can look pretty tired, but a few blocks back and its great so wasn't sure if the Champion Forest area was like that. I just like the older custom type homes and all the care that went into the trim work and detail. But I also know the recession has changed alot of things so a great area could have gotten hurt....Thank you Cabot for your message, tried to respond directly but it didn't go through....my husband and I are simple people, home is very important to us, we've worked and saved for everything we have.

We are the kind of neighbors you can call upon for help when you need it and we'd just like to move somewhere where we have a chance of getting neighbors that would do the same. I also like a mix of ages, I think it keeps a neighborhood alive. Don't want the keep up with the Jones crowd, I don't play golf and I don't do bridge either. However, I do love slot machines...and look forward to driving over to Lake Charles now and again...When I saw Kingwood it seemed like it had kind past its sell by date....Woodlands seemed a bit too full of itself...so wasn't quite comfortable in either place...I don't know what it was about the Champions area but to me it seemed more like a place I could call home....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston