Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2010, 02:13 PM

543 posts, read 1,387,429 times

Advertisements

We have been blessed and lucky to have extremly high quality daycare situation in Minnesota. I'm looking for tips on finding similar high quality daycare. Let me give you the background of the daycare that my kids are currently in.
We currently live near by two private Christian universities. They offer a daycare child development program that are extremely good. The staff/student ratio is extremly low. For example, regular day care has 1:5 to 1:7 for toddler. They have max 1:3 ratio and sometimes even less. In addition to regular staff, they have senior students in Early Childhood degree practiced there for a semester for free so staffing are really more than adequte. Also, I think they get some sort of the support from the University. Many times, I feel like getting my own 1:1 nanny for my kids at daycare. The teachers are all degreed and majored in Early Childhood.
They also design really educational and well rounded programs and are on tops of children development. One of the big plus for me is they serve gourmet, fresh and healthy food for the children. I feel like I couldn't ask for anything better.

Daycare is much more expensive in Minnesota compare to Houston. As an example, Kindercare charge for $290/infant full time here vs $190/week down in Houston. At the current daycare, I'm paying extra $40/per week more than Kindercare for the quality care that my childrent get.

Are there similar daycare here in Clear Lake/Webster/Friendswood/Leage City area that you can point me to?

MNCold
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 06:00 PM

5 posts, read 15,399 times
Default Highly recommend Westminster Christian Academy

I highly recommend Westminster Christian Academy. Our son transferred there in January of 2010 to finish out his Kindergarten year and we are huge fans! They also have preschool on site. Check out their website at WCA Home. It's academically challenging and such a warm and encouraging environment. Best of luck to you in your search.

Old 11-09-2010, 04:46 AM

543 posts, read 1,387,429 times
aspelin- Thank you so very much for letting me know about this place. I reviewed their website and it seems like a great place to be. I will for sure visit them when I'm down there next week. The unfortunate thing is they only accept kids from 18 months. I have a 10 months old that I will need to find a place for her as well. I have couple additional questions for you since the school also offer classes until K-6
1. How is WCA compare to public schools in CCISD? I have heard that CCISD is excellent and at times better than private school? Are they using the sam cirriculum accademically? If my kids attend this school, will they be accademically prepared as a kid that goes to a good public school from CCISD. They seems to spend quite a bit of time on religous activities and subject so I just wanted to make sure accademically.
2. Extra circiculum activities: What type of PE that they offered? Do they have a swimming pool where kids can take swiming lessons, etc... I'm not sure how old is your son but will he find a lot of things to do afterschool? Their website didn't mention much about this area. Will the kids be physically challenged?

My kids are still young but I'm wondering if moving them out from a private school to public school after K-6 will be a tremendous shock for them since they've been nutured for too long. I don't have any experience in this but I'd like for my children to eventually attend public school as they will need to experience all walks of life. Is the earlier the better or later the better?

Last edited by MNCold; 11-09-2010 at 04:50 AM.. Reason: gramar

Old 07-17-2014, 03:32 PM

126 posts, read 193,362 times
Bumping this old thread to see if anyone has an input on "early learning centers" /daycares for kids 2-5 y/o. In the Friendswood/Clear Lake area.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:32 PM

61 posts, read 127,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locotl View Post
Bumping this old thread to see if anyone has an input on "early learning centers" /daycares for kids 2-5 y/o. In the Friendswood/Clear Lake area.
I worked part time a few years ago as a mentor to pre-k teachers in various daycares/preschools. I would recommend Friendswood Christian School. The director there is great, and many of the teachers have been through the grant program I worked with. I found the teachers there to be loving and attentive, and they do a great job preparing children for kindergarten. They offer before and after "school" care so their hours are similar to a daycare. https://sites.google.com/a/fwdcofc.o...istian-school/

Old 07-19-2014, 07:29 PM

126 posts, read 193,362 times
Thanks will look into it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston