Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 03:42 PM

1 posts, read 5,320 times

Advertisements

I am wanting to move to the Katy area. The areas south of I10 are too expensive. I have looked at Lennar homes in the Lake Crest area. Most of them are below $200.000. They may not have the frills but seem nice. This subdivision is off Grand Parkway and Franz Road. I am wanting some evaluation of the subdivision. We are retired and want a new home below $200,000.

I have read some of the other posts about the Katy area and do agree it is a nice area.
Can you suggest some other subdivision or builders in Katy that we might look at. Web sites would be a help too.
If information about specific areas or builders is not allowed, perhaps just some general comments.

Thank you.
joyful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 04:28 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,762,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyful66 View Post
I am wanting to move to the Katy area. The areas south of I10 are too expensive. I have looked at Lennar homes in the Lake Crest area. Most of them are below $200.000. They may not have the frills but seem nice. This subdivision is off Grand Parkway and Franz Road. I am wanting some evaluation of the subdivision. We are retired and want a new home below $200,000.

I have read some of the other posts about the Katy area and do agree it is a nice area.
Can you suggest some other subdivision or builders in Katy that we might look at. Web sites would be a help too.
If information about specific areas or builders is not allowed, perhaps just some general comments.

Thank you.
joyful
Lennar has some homes in cinco ranch(summer sage) below 200,000.00, I would suggest that you find a realtor first.

Last edited by usc619; 07-10-2007 at 04:29 PM.. Reason: na

Old 07-11-2007, 01:56 PM

212 posts, read 1,273,383 times
Pine Mill Ranch is a nice area, growing south of Katy. I was just down there, and its very quiet and the homes, look good. I like their entrance.

Pine Mill Ranch (http://www.trophyhomes-tx.com/tousa/ShowCommunityDrivingDirections.do;jsessionid=DC697 ED34CB651F67134EE684A91D9D9.node1?communityId=474 - broken link)

Old 07-11-2007, 02:12 PM

551 posts, read 2,726,393 times
Bridgeland is in that "grey" area of where Cypress ends and Katy begins. It is supposed to be a very nice community, with a lot of the land devoted to lakes or fields/parks, etc. They have a few homes that start under $200K, and some that go up to $1M.

Bridgeland

Old 08-05-2007, 02:18 PM

268 posts, read 1,489,067 times
Have you checked Heritage Grand in Cinco Ranch - it's a 55+ community. There are a few homes under $175K in Cinco Ranch that are in the Heritage Grand subdivision. I know because these were always included in my Cinco Ranch home search. There is also an Alzheimers/assisted living community that just opened in Cinco Ranch for when we need it - LOL.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:07 PM

1,336 posts, read 6,446,701 times
Bridgeland is in Cypress. Part of it will grow into an area of KISD in the later stages of development but that is several years away, even so, it'll still be considered "Cypress" with all of it being on the North side of FM 529. Surprising that KISD goes almost all the way to 290 in some places. Everything on that Fry Rd. Corridor near 290 is nice, mostly $250K on up, but some below $200K. The schools they're zoned to are solid. Can't go wrong in this area, IMO.

If you decide to buy in Katy, you can buy in Cinco Ranch or any of the other popular communities there for under $200K.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:31 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,582,052 times
I see that they're building new homes in a community just North of I-10 (off of Franz) called Lakecrest. If you go to Houston Real Estate - Houston Homes, Houston Home Value and Houston Relocation and type in Lakecrest the homes range in price from $235,000 for the newly built homes. The zip is 77493. The community looks very nice, not a lot of mature landscaping since it's new.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:37 AM

6 posts, read 29,234 times
Have you looked in Old Katy? Inside the Katy city limits you will not have a MUD tax. You would have a city water bill, that includes water, sewer, and trash pick up (about $25 a month depending on how much water you use). We have 2 newer subdivisions that have homes in your price range. Fawnlakes and Pine Lakes.

In the subdivisions outside the city limits you have to watch out for MUD taxes , which also include a water bill everymonth (which could run $50 or more per month) on top of the MUD tax you pay every year.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:59 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,582,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katygirl View Post
Have you looked in Old Katy? Inside the Katy city limits you will not have a MUD tax. You would have a city water bill, that includes water, sewer, and trash pick up (about $25 a month depending on how much water you use). We have 2 newer subdivisions that have homes in your price range. Fawnlakes and Pine Lakes.

In the subdivisions outside the city limits you have to watch out for MUD taxes , which also include a water bill everymonth (which could run $50 or more per month) on top of the MUD tax you pay every year.
Yes Old Katy is an option also, there are some great properties there. I find it odd that it was clearly posted NORTH KATY, yet nearly all the responses were steering the individual to SOUTH KATY (with the exception of a few who mentioned areas in Cypress) Wow unbelievable!

Old 08-14-2007, 10:07 PM

268 posts, read 1,489,067 times
I mentioned south Katy because I was in the housing market recently and found new construction 3BR 1 story ranch in Seven Meadows for $165K last month - employee pricing promotion. I did make a mistake suggesting Heritage Grand in my earlier post because I didn't see that OP wanted new construction. I looked at Summer Sage too in Cinco Ranch and there are quite a few models in the $170-180K range too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston