Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How would you rate the proposed plans for East Downtown?
Excellent 16 53.33%
Good 10 33.33%
Okay 3 10.00%
Poorly 0 0%
Terrible 1 3.33%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 01:37 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,053,483 times

Advertisements

View through the slides in this presentation: http://eadohouston.com/downloads/201...0Promenade.pdf

The Houston Dynamo Stadium (EaDo):

Shenshen Garden- East Downtown Promenade:

What they have to say:
Quote:
The system of hike-and-bike facilities in EaDo will be further upgraded when the proposed Bastrop Promenade project is constructed. Currently planned as a linear pedestrian-only avenue utilizing Bastrop right-of way from Bell to McKinney, this project will increase the attractiveness of EaDo generally and provide an intriguing redevelopment opportunity for those adjacent properties along Bastrop. This project is planned to be constructed in conjunction with the Houston Dynamo Stadium EaDo.
Source: http://www.eadohouston.com/pdf/ServicePlan.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 01:39 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,959,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
View through the slides in this presentation: http://eadohouston.com/downloads/201...0Promenade.pdf

The Houston Dynamo Stadium (EaDo):

Shenshen Garden- East Downtown Promenade:

What they have to say:

Source: http://www.eadohouston.com/pdf/ServicePlan.pdf
omg, wow that is beautiful

Old 12-08-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
beautiful
AlGreen is going to have a problem with this.

I'm telling AlGreen you used the "B" word to describe a future scenery of Houston in such positive light.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:01 PM

24 posts, read 59,474 times
Thanks for that Danny. I knew nothing about the revitalization around the future soccer stadium.

It looks awesome, only thing i was was different was more high rises and denser residential. Other than that, it receives an A+ from me!

Old 12-08-2010, 02:03 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,783,641 times
Nice projects.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
AlGreen is going to have a problem with this.

I'm telling AlGreen you used the "B" word to describe a future scenery of Houston in such positive light.
I would expect that from him, going by his tastes.

I bet you if anything he is going to give a severely held back compliment.

It looks nice, but they should have..... and instead of using that Weeping Willow they should have flown in Japanese Willows from Tibet, and those birds flying over??? are you kidding me? to get a better ambiance they should have the birds fly lower so that it would be better for photo ops.

lol.

hope I didn't spoil your thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjaxMalone View Post
Thanks for that Danny. I knew nothing about the revitalization around the future soccer stadium.

It looks awesome, only thing i was was different was more high rises and denser residential. Other than that, it receives an A+ from me!
we can only dream.

Houston didn't get its moniker of business city for nothing. It has never subscribed to the 'If you build it they will come" motto. It is a pain to see things move so slow (especially since the city is growing so fast) but careful research and planning goes into these things, and if this is what they come up with, I trust that this is what they deemed best for us in the immediate future

Old 12-08-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjaxMalone View Post

Oh shoot! I forgot about that development too!!

Yeah they also are doing this in East Downtown too.

Americas Plaza:

Quote:
Now Alan is master planning 10 acres in the East End in a project called Americas Plaza.

Alan is also redeveloping Two Americas Plaza, a 29k SF former warehouse, into retail space. Shell conversion and infrastructure work is mostly done, and Canal Street Gallery, Trentino Gelato, and Mallie's Bakery occupy the building, but 25k SF is still available. He thinks this project is particularly important because 900 new residents have moved into the two-block area in recent years, but no new retail has been built to keep up. Alan handled the “recycling” first—the rest of the master plan is primarily residential space and will be new construction on vacant land. There will also be a park with underground parking and a mini amphitheater oriented toward the downtown skyline. Alan is open to selling land or partnering with developers to build apartments consistent with his master plan.

Alan says his development is a slow, incremental process, but one crucial to making sure the amenities keep up with the increase in density.
Awe man! I just love Houston so much!!

Old 12-08-2010, 02:15 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,783,641 times
WOW! That's so awesome. Has it broken down yet?

Old 12-08-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
WOW! That's so awesome. Has it broken down yet?
This project has actually done their studies and had done their infrastructure work.

Everything in East Downtown, meaning all these developments can only start after the Soccer Stadium starts since that is the mode of entertainment that all this will revolve around. The stadium starts next month, the city approved it, financed it, and are getting the infrastructure ready as we speak to get this puppy rolling!

These projects are so inspirational for their aggressive maneuver to get it done!

Old 12-08-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
This project has actually done their studies and had done their infrastructure work.

Everything in East Downtown, meaning all these developments can only start after the Soccer Stadium starts since that is the mode of entertainment that all this will revolve around. The stadium starts next month, the city approved it, financed it, and are getting the infrastructure ready as we speak to get this puppy rolling!

These projects are so inspirational for their aggressive maneuver to get it done!
its high time the east side of the loop gets some attention. anything new for old chinatown??

That rail to UH Central should already be running cause I think that area needs a big facelift too.

People always sprout out the loop this and the loop that. well in actuality what they are raving about is only one quadrant of the loop. the north west quadrant.

The South west quadrant has lots of wonderful parts too, but not comparable to the nw. as for the SE and the NE, they are both sh*tty.

I want a uniformly delicious inner loop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston