Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2007, 03:20 PM

1 posts, read 11,343 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I just moved to Houston, and I have a 2 year old daughter. She is very bored... do any of you know interesting things I can do with my daughter? I work from home, but like to do something with her ever other day or so. I live in Northwest of Houston...

Thanks a lot for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2007, 03:31 PM

13 posts, read 60,822 times
Default check out gocitykids

gocitykids.com is a great resource for kids' activities wherever you are (most major cities). There's tons to do with little ones in Houston...part of the reason we're moving there next month!

Old 07-17-2007, 07:15 AM

799 posts, read 3,694,285 times
Theres all kinds of things you can do with a 2 year old. Theres all kinds of kiddie restaraunts that cater to toddlers such as chuckee cheese, incredible pizza, etc.. The library (Barbara Busch on Cypresswood) has story time for her age. The Woodlands mall has play areas and carousels in the mall. We have parks you could take her to, bring some bread and feed the ducks. Theres huge turtles at meyer park that my kids used to love to go feed. Take her to your neighborhood pool or buy a toddler pool for your backyard. I had a kiddie slide that I used to put over the kiddie pool and the kids could slide into it, they loved it. You could take her to Galveston for the day, or the zoo when its not so hot. theres always the circus and kiddie shows coming to town. My friend just took her child to the circus the other night. Take her to garage sales from thurs-sat and let her pick oiut inexpensive toys or take her to the dollar store andlet her pick out toys and books. Toddlers love that stuff.
Ads the mom of 3 kids, I want to let you know that " I'm bored" has just begun, it never ends, no matter how you entertain her.
Be sure to teach her to entertain herself sometimes and to be happy being home or you will spend all your time trying to make her happy and it will never be enough. I hear "I'm bored" all the time LOL! Its a kids favorite line.If she hasn't learned to say it yet, she will... LOL!

Old 07-17-2007, 01:57 PM

168 posts, read 772,739 times
Check out the International Mom's Club for activities and playgroups. AMC theatres have free kids movies on Wednesdays. The Houston Zoo has a really great children's area. The Children's Museum is lots of fun and many public libraries have story times and children's activities. YMCA, Little Gym and Gymboree have lots of activities and on those rainy or way too hot days, there's an indoor playground at Memorial City Mall (right now is probably a bad time to go because I-10 is under construction, but keep it in mind).

When all else fails, paint and playdo are wonderful to have around.

Old 07-17-2007, 05:15 PM

1 posts, read 11,285 times
Try these links... you'll get plenty of ideas here.

www.houstonfamilymagazine.com Houston Family Magazine

www.kids-houston.com The Kid's Directory: The Family Resource Guide
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston