Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 02:35 PM

45 posts, read 99,124 times

Advertisements

^^thanks. this is what i was looking for. I've heard about the one's in sugarland and pearland but nothing regarding Cinco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 02:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,136 times
I reside close to Cinco(just across the Westpark Tollway) in Richmond, TX..so I avail many of the Cinco amenities. Overall the area is very nice. Pros - new and clean family oriented living with decent access to I-10 and Westpark tollway. Cons -the overall look as others have mentioned may not be as nice as Woodlands with the relative lack of trees, the shopping and dining amenities are decent but not as good as some of the other Suburbs. As mentioned earlier, the dining options in the area are kind of limited to chains. In terms of shopping you have the La Centerra town center, but that is not a comprehensive shopping area. You have to travel a decent distance to access either Katy Mills, Memorial City/T&C or Sugarland. Crime risk should be no different from other comparable areas.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:16 PM

1,326 posts, read 3,456,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katydiva View Post
I live in Pine Mill Ranch which is a new construction neighborhood that backs up to Cinco. The area is very nice and we love it. Been out there just over a year now. We both commute into Houston for work and it is really not that bad IMO.

The only frustration for us is when we want to go out and have a nice dinner out, it is always usually at a chain restaurant. There are few choices in the area. I think restaurants, even different chain options that what we already have, are crazy for not building out there. People would flock to it. A Lupe Tortilla popped up off 99 not long ago and it is always packed.
Man, you aren't kidding.
We tried going there once thinking we beat the crowd, only to find out that they weren't even open for dinner yet and that we needed to put our name on the wait list.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:36 PM
FDO

105 posts, read 315,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasltx View Post
If you are not involved in anything illegal and don't flash your money around, then your chances of being targeted for a home invasion are microscopic regardless of where you live. But it could happen to you anywhere and you need to be vigilant nonetheless. Thieves know and target the wealthier areas where the loot resides such as Sugar Land, Pearland, The Woodlands, Memorial, and , yes, Cinco Ranch. It's a smart business decision on their part.

There was a reported home invasion in Cinco Ranch in 2009 and one in nearby WoodCreek this past January. None were reported anywhere near my residence in Sugar Land during that time, although there were a few closer to the border with Alief. While there was a highly-publicized rash of reported home invasions a few years ago in Sugar Land, many of the victims in those cases either knew their attackers or were small business owners who had been targeted well in advance. I am tired of my neighborhood being unfairly made synonymous with home invasions when it is rare and clearly also happening everyplace else.

A retired teacher was killed during a home invasion a few years ago all the way out in Fulshear. Unfortunately, there is no 100% guarantee against violent crime regardless of how far you may think that you live from "the criminal element". All of the places that you are considering are nice and relatively safe, just like Sugar Land. Don't base your living decision on a few sensationalized headlines and some bogus sense of security; choose the place that you like the best.
copy that!!!

Old 03-23-2011, 09:58 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,222,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan View Post
Thanks for the responses. I'm not from the area but by looking at old threads, it seems everyone has something negative to say about every subdivision except Cinco.

The only negatives I hear about Cinco is the commute and the lack of trees/visually appealing terrain.
If you don't mind an older home (in Cinco, that would be all of about 7-15 years old) - there are plenty of trees.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:29 AM

171 posts, read 414,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
If you don't mind an older home (in Cinco, that would be all of about 7-15 years old) - there are plenty of trees.
Since living in Greenway Village since 2002 I have noticed the amount of shade all over Cinco Ranch has really matured now as compared to when I first moved here. Pretty much all of Cinco east of 99 has at least decent amounts of trees.

As for crime, it's pretty worry free as long as you aren't involved in something, like most places. Little petty things can happen and have, such as groups of kids that moved out here from the 'hood' picking neighborhoods and finding unlocked cars. Unless you are north of I-10, don't expect to really have much of a crime problem in Katy. Watch out though, because cops don't have much to do out here because of that.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:50 PM

97 posts, read 266,364 times
Cinco is a desirable area..its a bustling neighborhood and a perfect area to raise small children...

Just be weary of the HOA fees..some parts are different it seems..

Old 03-27-2011, 09:56 AM

85 posts, read 193,686 times
We debated Cinco before we moved here in December, and finally settled north of I10. Brand new homes, double the size for the same price in Cinco. And we have never regretted it. We're a few block aways from 99, so an easy commute into Houston for hubby, and great schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston