Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 06:08 AM

8,898 posts, read 20,083,361 times

Advertisements

Someone explain how the test is considered to be racially unfair. I know a distant relative who is an HPD officer - as a kid I would see him study for the advancement exams and I remember picking up those books and looking through them -- they were books, nothing racial in them. So after watching one study for months to better himself, I strongly believe that the one who scores the highest should get the advancement position - fair is fair - there should be nothing racial in that decision. It was (at least then) based on hard work, studying, and intelligence and nothing more or less. I can only guess that the HFD exams are very similar.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:48 AM

6,870 posts, read 14,904,372 times
When did this forum become so racially charged? I'm sure we are scaring the heck out of any potential tourists checking out the forum to find out more about Houston. Scanning the topics you'd think this city was full of racial tension.

Maybe it is and I'm just blind to it.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:54 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,264,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
When did this forum become so racially charged? I'm sure we are scaring the heck out of any potential tourists checking out the forum to find out more about Houston. Scanning the topics you'd think this city was full of racial tension.

Maybe it is and I'm just blind to it.
It boils just beneath the surface of this city's "tolerant" veneer. The comment sections in Chron.com other local news sites duly attest to this. I always say that message boards are one of the sure ways to gauge what your back-slapping, warm-hearted neighbors really think of you.

Old 03-26-2011, 02:41 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,796,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
The beauty of our freedoms. You can sue in this country for whatever reason, white, stupid, black, idiot, you name it... Unfortunately there is tendency for blacks to sue more, like they're still being oppressed or something like that.... Why can't everyone get over and act as equals. Sh*ite I've failed many exams in this country and I just went right back to study and then pass it. Why is so hard?
Care to back that stat up or are you going to keep sounding like a ignorant chump?

Old 03-26-2011, 02:49 PM

24,170 posts, read 15,251,211 times
Quote:
The beauty of our freedoms. You can sue in this country for whatever reason, white, stupid, black, idiot, you name it... Unfortunately there is tendency for blacks to sue more, like they're still being oppressed or something like that.... Why can't everyone get over and act as equals. Sh*ite I've failed many exams in this country and I just went right back to study and then pass it. Why is so hard?
Is there data to prove this? I read a bunch. And, have filed suit a couple of times. Never have heard anything that states blacks file suit more than any other group.https://www.city-data.com/forum/images/smilies/think.gif

Old 03-26-2011, 03:07 PM

8,898 posts, read 20,083,361 times
The group that tends to file the most lawsuits (some lawsuits are just and right but not that many) tend to be of any ethnicity but tend to be those who have grown up with some false sense of entitlement or those who never learned that their own actions and decisions strongly influence the outcome of their lives ... you know the type -- nothing is ever their fault, it is always someone else's fault or a particular situation that caused things to not work out for them or for them to get injured or to fail. Just like those who don't get promoted blame the test itself versus looking to see what they could have done better or improved upon.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:32 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,812,635 times
Well let's have a googling party ignorant champ. I will provide the beer. When was last time you heard any white folks screaming and complaining that they were discriminated in their jobs or schools or whatever? When did you hear an asians doing the same? Sh*ite actually being white in this country kind of sucks...and you don't get jack for free, no college grants no nothing. Shall we really start doing the math? I think the "I am black" and I am being put down by anything that moves really needs to stop. We all people and that all it matters. A god damn test is an effing test, black, white, hispanics, asian, we all have the same god damn brain. How is that for backing it UP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Care to back that stat up or are you going to keep sounding like a ignorant chump?

Old 03-26-2011, 05:07 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,796,948 times
Quote:
Well let's have a googling party ignorant champ. I will provide the beer. When was last time you heard any white folks screaming and complaining that they were discriminated in their jobs or schools or whatever? When did you hear an asians doing the same? Sh*ite actually being white in this country kind of sucks...and you don't get jack for free, no college grants no nothing. Shall we really start doing the math? I think the "I am black" and I am being put down by anything that moves really needs to stop. We all people and that all it matters. A god damn test is an effing test, black, white, hispanics, asian, we all have the same god damn brain. How is that for backing it UP?
Just as I thought, nothing to back it up but a ignorant rant. Oh well

Old 03-26-2011, 05:12 PM

1,326 posts, read 3,463,724 times
This thread just needs to die already.
The closet racists are really bringing the pitchforks out now and just spouting nonsense now.

Oildog, do your thing.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:06 PM

415 posts, read 451,444 times
woopsie I didn't even read the article I just assumed they alleged it. Now I actually read it. It's already settled. Woow that's pretty bad. Time to get another fire extinguisher
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: