Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2011, 12:04 AM

18,143 posts, read 25,343,286 times

Advertisements

Since I just got a job offer in Stafford, I'm going to have to rent a small cheap apartment.
A lot of the apartments that I'm finding are in this location ***MAP***
I'm fine living in a very poor place as long as is not too bad, especially since my wife and kids would visit me every now and then.

I would appreciate any information about that area or the apartments in that area.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 08:53 AM

122 posts, read 477,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Since I just got a job offer in Stafford, I'm going to have to rent a small cheap apartment.
I'm fine living in a very poor place as long as is not too bad, especially since my wife and kids would visit me every now and then.

I would appreciate any information about that area or the apartments in that area.
Thanks
The apartments in that area are cheap, but it's a pretty bad area. The closer to Eldridge you get, the better. There's a complex called the Milan that is between Dairy Ashford and Eldridge that is not bad. Everything past Dairy Ashford going towards 59 is older and rougher. The closer to 59 the apartments are, the worse they are, in general. I'd recommended going south down Dairy Ashfod and looking at the apartments on Fountain Lake Drive behind the Fountains shopping center.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbusdog View Post
The apartments in that area are cheap, but it's a pretty bad area. The closer to Eldridge you get, the better. There's a complex called the Milan that is between Dairy Ashford and Eldridge that is not bad. Everything past Dairy Ashford going towards 59 is older and rougher. The closer to 59 the apartments are, the worse they are, in general. I'd recommended going south down Dairy Ashfod and looking at the apartments on Fountain Lake Drive behind the Fountains shopping center.
Thank you very much.
I'm planning on staying there just for 3 months, hopefully I can find a 3 month lease. By then, my son will be out of school and we'll move to a better apartment.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:49 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,132,274 times
Quote:

Thanks
Nimbus is spot on. Looking at the map I would try around W. Airport and Eldridge or look at along HWY6 south of W. Bellfort.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:17 PM

I'm going to follow your advice...
but how bad are the other areas East of there?
All I'm going to do is go to work, shop and sleep. My car is not fancy, just normal and I never leave anything inside of it.
But I guess my wife and kids might want to visit me over there every once in a while in my wife's minivan.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:26 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,586,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbusdog View Post
I had a friend that lived in Milan with his family while saving for a house. Quiet, mostly crime free with typical crappy apartment quality noise issues. Mostly Muslims, if I remember correctly.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:09 AM

I'm going tomorrow (Wednesday)
I was wondering if you guys have any information about Bissonnet.
Is it much worse than Bellfort or about the same.

There's an apartment that seems to be a good deal for me, it's cheap and has the 3 month lease that I need.
It's Chesterfield apartments located on S. Glen Dr. just South of Bissonnet.

Thanks.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:10 PM

I got an apartment... I'm not going to say exactly where for obvious reasons.

Holy s... Bissonet looks rough as s....
I don't think I would drive through that street after dark.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:02 PM

102 posts, read 326,667 times
Quote:
I'm going to follow your advice...
but how bad are the other areas East of there?
All I'm going to do is go to work, shop and sleep. My car is not fancy, just normal and I never leave anything inside of it.
But I guess my wife and kids might want to visit me over there every once in a while in my wife's minivan.
You will probably hear gunshots at night; that's how bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: