Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 11:03 AM

2 posts, read 5,461 times

Advertisements

Hello texas!! We are a interracial couple( black man/white&mexican women ) who plans on moving to texas. We would like to move to dallas or houston but we are not sure which city is best for us. We have no kids but we are starting a family a little bit after we touch down in texas. We would like to know which city between the two are more excepting to the fact that we are an interracial couple? I have heard good things about texas but i also have heard things that i wish were not true
( I.R couple wise ). I was told that I.R couples are accepted with open arms as long as its not a black man with any other race of women( ESPECIALLY WHITE OR MEXICAN )

We a both very friendly people and we just want to make the most of it!
We Are both 28 and love to go out on the town every now and again.So a nice nightlife will be a big part of it as well.We just dont want to go out at night and get treated with horrible service because we are I.R

One of our close friends told us that houston would be a better fit for a I.R couple but we just want to make sure before we make the move.
What about san antonio? Is it a nice city for nightlife and a I.R couple?

Any feedback will gladly be appreciated
Thanks to All!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 11:15 AM

415 posts, read 449,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open2AllWalks View Post
Hello texas!! We are a interracial couple( black man/white&mexican women ) who plans on moving to texas. We would like to move to dallas or houston but we are not sure which city is best for us. We have no kids but we are starting a family a little bit after we touch down in texas. We would like to know which city between the two are more excepting to the fact that we are an interracial couple? I have heard good things about texas but i also have heard things that i wish were not true
( I.R couple wise ). I was told that I.R couples are accepted with open arms as long as its not a black man with any other race of women( ESPECIALLY WHITE OR MEXICAN )

We a both very friendly people and we just want to make the most of it!
We Are both 28 and love to go out on the town every now and again.So a nice nightlife will be a big part of it as well.We just dont want to go out at night and get treated with horrible service because we are I.R

One of our close friends told us that houston would be a better fit for a I.R couple but we just want to make sure before we make the move.
What about san antonio? Is it a nice city for nightlife and a I.R couple?

Any feedback will gladly be appreciated
Thanks to All!!!
And I was told the world would end last Saturday. Maybe I'm already dead and I'm just hallucinating, not actually typing this. Check 1,2,3. Check, check.
If there's someone else responding, it didn't actually happen and I'm probably just drunk.

I've never really understood why people ask this question. I don't get it. I've never heard of anybody having this problem. Actually, I have NEVER thought about this before. I never had any problems. Never occurred to be that something like this could happen.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:30 AM

Location: Where nothing ever grows. No rain or rivers flow, Texas
1,085 posts, read 1,581,344 times
You're like my black friend. He thinks having a mexican wife is so desireable that he could get in trouble for it.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:11 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,857,927 times
It's 2011. Who cares if your an interracial couple? Live wherever you want to.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:37 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,269,751 times
We are an interracial couple if you want to get pedantic about it - I am Mexican and she is Irish. Nobody cares. We are in a suburb that is 70-80% white, with pockets of really wealthy people (of all races). We see interracial couples all the time. Nobody cares around here. It could be different if you go to a small town in the middle of the sticks, but seriously for the most part in Houston nobody cares.

Old 05-22-2011, 01:43 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,051,955 times
i think interracial couples are actually more accepted in the mainstream south than many places in the midwest and north.

black male + hispanic female is common. you wouldnt get any looks or someone saying something if that is what you heard

Old 05-22-2011, 02:19 PM

Location: Where nothing ever grows. No rain or rivers flow, Texas
1,085 posts, read 1,581,344 times
just dont let the MS13 see you

Old 05-22-2011, 02:40 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,026,260 times
Another thread like this, really? Can we just get one that stays on the top for our citizens that need to ask this very question but just make it a running?

Old 05-22-2011, 05:04 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
Another thread like this, really? Can we just get one that stays on the top for our citizens that need to ask this very question but just make it a running?
I know. A new thread didn't need to be started for this. There have been countless threads asking this stupid question.

Move to Vidor. Interracial couples thrive there.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:27 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
Y'all give them a break. Y'all are suppose to welcome people with "opened arms" right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston