Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 06:32 PM

3 posts, read 7,305 times

Advertisements

With a broken heart I am nearing the end with my devoted companion Linus. He's a big hearted chocolate lab who can no longer walk and is in pain...he is no longer enjoying the quality of life he deserves. He's suffering and it would just be selfish to continue this much longer... I can't find a mobile vet that can come and end his suffering in the most comfortable place he could be - at home.
They have this in Dallas and Austin but not in central Houston where we are (the Heights) our vet here says we have to bring him in and quite frankly, it would be so stressful for Linus.
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS? Asking from the bottom of this broken heart...for any help. Money isn't the concern...I just can't seem to find anyone...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 06:37 PM

61,743 posts, read 87,194,708 times
Some veterinarians make housecalls after-hours and will agree to euthanize your pet at home. Have you contacted your veterinarian? If not, perhaps there is a mobile veterinary clinic in your area. The Harris County Veterinary Medical Association does provide a referral service. You can call 713-688-6667.
The PetCenter.com has a very informative webpage: Euthanasia... What To Expect | petMD
There is information regarding inhome-vs-clinic euthanasia and covers the process from making the appointment to understanding the grieving process.
The Houston SPCA offers a free Pet Loss Support Group the first Tuesday of every month.
Houston SPCA: Pet Loss Support

Hope you will find help and comfort needed it this difficult time.

Also please read here: Vet Clinic/Pet Euthanasia
http://www.justanswer.com/cat-health...ston-area.html

Old 06-22-2011, 06:55 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,503,633 times
I am so sorry for your loss...

Our vet makes house calls. But if you need someone now, I've used a vet in the past on 249 and SpringWood?? or Spring Cypress. They have a "Good bye Room." So much better than a metal table.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:59 PM

19 posts, read 89,388 times
Our last two vets did this as well, sounds like you just need to find a new vet. I agree it makes it a LOT easier, although it's still a horrible process. Sorry for your loss.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:34 PM

24,001 posts, read 15,096,054 times
I attended the demise of a neighbor's companion. She called Champions Stuebner Airline Vet Hospital and her regular vet came to the house to attend the dog. Cost a bunch, but Dr. Whitmore did it. He brought his helper.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:05 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,055,298 times
Aww. So sad to hear. I have 3 pups and it would break my heart to have to do that, but I know it sometimes has to be done to end their suffering.

Good luck, I hope some of these great posters have given you the information you need to make the situation more tolerable.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:04 AM

40 posts, read 83,124 times
Check out Dr. Terrel at Bay Area Vet Housecalls - Home

He has a mobile vet clinic that he can do everything form regular checkups, surgery and even euthanasia. Especially convenient if you have multiple pets that you don't want to haul to the vet.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:41 AM

3 posts, read 7,305 times
I will check each suggestion out...how can I thank you all for your responses and oh, the caring you've shown. You are all angels. ~Sylvia and Linus

Old 06-23-2011, 11:16 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,503,633 times
Here's the link to the place I mentioned. My 17 year old girl decided that Easter Sunday was her day many years ago, and our vet wasn't in town.

Out of luck I found this place. Home Having her on a dog bed in a room that looked like someone's livingroom (sofa's tables lamps) made it "better." There was nothing sterile or doctor about it.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:25 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,237,559 times
I don't have any advice, just wanted to send some {{{hugs}}} your way. It's a very tough decision, but know that you are doing the right thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: