Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2011, 11:56 AM

150 posts, read 306,175 times

Advertisements

I just purchased a home in Southwyck/Southmanor. Would anyone like to share your opinion about the HOA Southwyck 4 there? I like the neighborhood, but when I purchased my home I did not know parts of the Westside in Pearland are not considered Pearland. The city is trying to annex it off. I think realtors should be made to disclose this information. If you are outside the city limits of Pearland, you will not receive services from Pearland like trash, water services, police, fire department or vote in city elections because you are in Brazoria County. Therefore, I live in a place that has no name. If you call Pearland and you are outside the city limits, no one can help you or point you in the right direction. I did not know who my HOA was until I received a bill a month after I purchased my home and received a violation for a small dead shrub in my front yard. I thought where were these people when I needed to know who to contact for services. I have to thank Silverlake HOA for letting me know, who my HOA was. They provided the number to the finance company, who handles our money, but the representative at the finance company did not know the name of our HOA, so I asked if there was a website. That she could give me. All I can say is I am not too thrill with the customer service I received from the HOA in Southwyck.

If you live in Southwyck do you know what other communities areoutside the city of Pearland facing annexation, but are being referred to as Pearland? What do you think about Pearland trying to annex off these communities. Annexation is new to me. I am from back east and we don't face issues like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 12:01 PM

150 posts, read 306,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionne7 View Post
I just purchased a home in Southwyck/Southmanor. Would anyone like to share your opinion about the HOA Southwyck 4 there? I like the neighborhood, but when I purchased my home I did not know parts of the Westside in Pearland are not considered Pearland. The city is trying to annex it off. I think realtors should be made to disclose this information. If you are outside the city limits of Pearland, you will not receive services from Pearland like trash, water services, police, fire department or vote in city elections because you are in Brazoria County. Therefore, I live in a place that has no name. If you call Pearland and you are outside the city limits, no one can help you or point you in the right direction. I did not know who my HOA was until I received a bill a month after I purchased my home and received a violation for a small dead shrub in my front yard. I thought where were these people when I needed to know who to contact for services. I have to thank Silverlake HOA for letting me know, who my HOA was. They provided the number to the finance company, who handles our money, but the representative at the finance company did not know the name of our HOA, so I asked if there was a website. That she could give me. All I can say is I am not too thrill with the customer service I received from the HOA in Southwyck.

If you live in Southwyck do you know what other communities areoutside the city of Pearland facing annexation, but are being referred to as Pearland? What do you think about Pearland trying to annex off these communities. Annexation is new to me. I am from back east and we don't face issues like this.
By the way if you live in Southwyck, you are responsible for providing your own trash can. Waste Management only provides the small blue recyle bend. This is new to me that the trash company does not provide trash cans.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:30 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,929,208 times
I live in Southwyck, but in the part already annexed. As for the trashcans, we don't get any provided either and no city I lived in provided them either, we bought our own. Most people here don't actually use trashcans, they put out the trash in plastic bags and they can only put it out after 6 PM on the night before pickup happens

Southwyck IVs HOA has not much to do with the city services. They provide maintenance of the common areas, upgrades and maintenance on the Southwyck IV pool, the park on Morgan and Southfork and the baseball field. The Lake Park is maintained by the Southwyck Master Association I think.

I think that Southwyck is *weird* because there is Southwyck I (Southglen and Emerald Point), Southwyk IV (Huntington Park, Southfield Village, Edgewater Estates and South Manor) and Southwyck V (Lakecrest Estates). Each section has its own board and then the Master association board is over the entire subdivision.

The amenities for the communities are shared and their is a cross-usage agreement in place so the amenities are also shared with Silverlake.

There is also a Golf Course, but it seems to be managed by Century Golf Partners / Arnold Palmer Golf Management manages this facility rather than by the HOA. It's a public course.

Brazoria County provides services in the areas that are not yet part of the city of Pearland and the services seem to be excellent. The Brazoria County Sherriff's department is very good. One thing that is difficult is that if you are not annexed, you don't get to vote in city elections. Negotiations between the MUDs and the county and the city are ongoing.

Old 07-16-2011, 04:43 PM

551 posts, read 1,574,758 times
I just moved from Southwyck and they will not pick up your trash if you put it in a can. For the last 7 or 8 years you are only supposed to put your trashbags out directly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston