Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 04:33 AM

347 posts, read 468,241 times

Advertisements

With 3 preseason games in the books the Texans are 3-0 with a point differential of +40 with one preseason game left to go. Is this Texans team the real deal in Texas? How far do you think they will go this year based on how you've seen them play in these preseason games?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 06:07 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,177,372 times
I don't base any predictions on pre-season. If I did, the Texans would be playing the Lions for the Super Bowl and we all know that ain't gonna happen.

Ronnie

Old 08-28-2011, 06:42 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,961,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
I don't base any predictions on pre-season. If I did, the Texans would be playing the Lions for the Super Bowl and we all know that ain't gonna happen.

Ronnie
Base them off of how the players played instead. That year the Lions went 4-0 in the preseason, their first team was horrible. This year, that Lions first team is playing pretty well. Only problem is the division they play in, but if Stafford can stay healthy, they can go 7-9 or 8-8 before a possible breakout year in 2012.

The Texans, OTOH, have a shaky division. They can win it by going 9-7. The first team is killing it, and the second/third team is killing it. After the Schaub pick six, the Texans scored 30 unanswered points and had 28 first downs to six. This team is playing better than they usually do during any preseason, where you can clearly see the flaws and they carry over into the regular season. Like getting destroyed in the passing game last preseason, but it was "just the preseason" and our defense would be better when the season started. We'll see, but I love the talent I am seeing pouring out of nearly every position on the team. They are operating like a machine, with the offense knowing they can whip any defense in the league (and have), while the defense knows they can play more aggressive and cause turnovers/short drives because they have a competent DC and a machine for an offense that will get them up by two scores.

Where is that Niners fan Texas User that always talks trash? How was Alex Smith last night?

Old 08-28-2011, 06:47 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,935,082 times
Yes! The Texans looks pretty good last night. Not sure if its a measure of how good they can be or how crappy the niners are. Alex Smith may be bagging groceries this time next year.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:14 AM

4,246 posts, read 12,029,495 times
The 9'ers are GARBAGE in a garbage division and they played without Gore and Crabtree. I'll wait until we play a good team in the regular season. It is, after all, a Houston team.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:23 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,329,664 times
Won't keep hopes up too high. They might have a winning season, doubt they will make the playoffs.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Won't keep hopes up too high. They might have a winning season, doubt they will make the playoffs.
Look at the division Houston plays in. 9-7 is enough to get into the playoffs. Just have to win the division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
The 9'ers are GARBAGE in a garbage division and they played without Gore and Crabtree. I'll wait until we play a good team in the regular season. It is, after all, a Houston team.
That Texans D-Line has blew through the Jets, Saints, and Niners O-Lines, who are all suppose to be good. And these are four man rushes and not exotic blitzes. Even in the preseason, OLines should be able to hold up.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:17 AM

7,541 posts, read 11,579,521 times
Presason is really a joke good teams keep there starters for the reg season & crappy teams play everyone so they look better. When the reg season starts crappy team play like crap & good teams play they way they should play kick but. The first 3 game of reg season will tell us if the texans will make it to the playoff or not I think we will be 2 games short

Old 08-28-2011, 11:20 AM

4,246 posts, read 12,029,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Look at the division Houston plays in. 9-7 is enough to get into the playoffs. Just have to win the division.

That Texans D-Line has blew through the Jets, Saints, and Niners O-Lines, who are all suppose to be good. And these are four man rushes and not exotic blitzes. Even in the preseason, OLines should be able to hold up.

Like you said, it's preseason. I'll wait until the first half of the season is over before I come to a conclusion on this team.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:32 PM

Are people on here actually looking at how the players are playing? I'm not talking about record here. The Texans couldn't tackle last preseason and it showed in the regular season. We couldn't pass protect for anything during the Carr years of preseason, but we did last year and the OLine averaged only 2 sacks a game. Just saying, to completely dismiss the preseason is pointless. The same players (for the most part, since many get cut) are playing. The Texans' starters have never played this well in the preseason. How can the Jets/Saints/Niners OLine not be able to block on a four man rush? Do they not care if their QB gets sacked/hit repeatedly? Yeah, it's preseason, but they should be able to block. I'm scared to think that our front seven is that good now with competent coaching. So much speed and power between Watt, Mario, Antonio, Barwin, Reed, etc.

Can't wait to say I told you so at the end of the season. Bump this thread then. Go Texans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston