Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 10:48 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,705,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
As for this new development, I'll have to hear and see way more, before I can get excited.

I agree.

I'm filing this in the "EQA" folder for the time being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 10:53 AM

83 posts, read 312,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBomb View Post
I hope they build a bum free Mcdonalds
hey that mcdonalds on west gray street has some pretty nice food compared to other mcdonalds restaurants. you can always go through the drive through to avoid them bums.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:00 AM

Location: Where nothing ever grows. No rain or rivers flow, Texas
1,085 posts, read 1,581,615 times
I guess I'm confused. the only McD I know of here is the one near the police headquarters on Dallas. Thats third world to me.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:09 AM

302 posts, read 955,358 times
Yeah, you are talking about a different mcdonalds... There is one by greyhound, one on dallas right next to HPD headquarters, and then the one in the tunnel... You'll get the bum element at the other two, the one in the tunnel is bum free, but there is no designated eating area, there is a common area... it's not that far from the HPD one...

Old 11-04-2011, 11:24 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejamiller View Post
Didn't the Pavilions project fail? Good Luck!
It didn't fail. But it could have been better. Very enclosed and uninviting. You can blame the developer for that. If the initial rendering with a strong economy was built there, it would be far more successful. Still could be a great place for the late night crowd but the economy happened.

For this and the Pavilions to succeed, downtown needs more residents as people have already said in this thread. People from the burbs aren't going to drive to downtown to go to this. They may take rail if it was available. But they aren't going to drive considering they have the same things in their own town centers. Fortunately, Houston inside the loop, and even *gasp* the galleria area, and areas outside the loop, is catching on to this dense urban living and downtown is taking steps to becoming a full neighborhood. I believe a grocery store will open there next week. Major start towards that. Need to focus on that area surrounding MMP, Discovery Green, and the convention center. Get rid of those surface lots. They are eyesores.

Old 11-05-2011, 04:51 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,002,567 times
There are some businesses in the pavilion but just not nearly enough.

Old 11-05-2011, 04:53 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,002,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrod8 View Post
Yeah, you are talking about a different mcdonalds... There is one by greyhound, one on dallas right next to HPD headquarters, and then the one in the tunnel... You'll get the bum element at the other two, the one in the tunnel is bum free, but there is no designated eating area, there is a common area... it's not that far from the HPD one...
Tunnel is way to go if you are looking for McDonalds w/o homeless hanging around. You can always find seating in nearby areas to eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: