Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2012, 09:23 AM

114 posts, read 185,998 times

Advertisements

My husband and I both found jobs in the Houston area and will be moving next week. I'll be working in Sugar Land and he'll be working in the Memorial City area. We are staying at an Extended Stay for a few weeks because we still have not found a place. We're kind of all over the place with where we should live. Here's the problems,
1) We love Sugar Land but there are not really any nice townhouses or apartments to rent in our price range (1500-1850 a month). Also its been really tricky finding a place thats available and nice in that price range thats in Houston with the space we need (at least 2 bedrooms). Is this normal?
2) We have mainly been looking at Montrose, Rice Village, Upper Kirby, and the Heights. We found one townhouse on Baldwin in Montrose/Midtown area near Anita St.... how is that neighborhood?
3) We've also looked in the Energy Corridor too, theres actually 1 potential complex that we like in that area that called The Eclipse so opinions on that neighborhood would be good too.
4) We looked in Katy and just really didn't like the area at all. There are a few places in The Woodlands that would be perfect though. Is the commute really THAT awful from The Woodlands to Sugar Land? I'll be working 8-5 or 5:30. His hours are 6am-3pm so we're no to worried about his commute.
Overall we really like The Woodlands the best out of all the suburban areas we've looked at but I'm very afraid about commuting from there to Sugar Land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 10:45 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,201,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasmineDS07 View Post
My husband and I both found jobs in the Houston area and will be moving next week. I'll be working in Sugar Land and he'll be working in the Memorial City area. We are staying at an Extended Stay for a few weeks because we still have not found a place. We're kind of all over the place with where we should live. Here's the problems,
1) We love Sugar Land but there are not really any nice townhouses or apartments to rent in our price range (1500-1850 a month). Also its been really tricky finding a place thats available and nice in that price range thats in Houston with the space we need (at least 2 bedrooms). Is this normal?
2) We have mainly been looking at Montrose, Rice Village, Upper Kirby, and the Heights. We found one townhouse on Baldwin in Montrose/Midtown area near Anita St.... how is that neighborhood?
3) We've also looked in the Energy Corridor too, theres actually 1 potential complex that we like in that area that called The Eclipse so opinions on that neighborhood would be good too.
4) We looked in Katy and just really didn't like the area at all. There are a few places in The Woodlands that would be perfect though. Is the commute really THAT awful from The Woodlands to Sugar Land? I'll be working 8-5 or 5:30. His hours are 6am-3pm so we're no to worried about his commute.
Overall we really like The Woodlands the best out of all the suburban areas we've looked at but I'm very afraid about commuting from there to Sugar Land.
I can't even get my head around the commute from The Woodlands to the Memorial City area. The Woodlands to Sugar Land would be unbelievable.

I would rent an apartment in the Energy Corridor to start with, for now.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:03 AM

105 posts, read 168,933 times
Default Sugar Land

You should be able to find plenty of Townhomes in the Sugar Land area, you'll be sorry if you rent in the Woodlands(Commute Time). If you are having trouble finding one let me know...I am not a Real Estate Agent..

Old 02-12-2012, 11:33 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Forget about the woodlands, forget about Katy, forget about the energy corridor, those commutes make no sense if your working in sugar land. As far as not finding a nice townhouse or apartment for 1800-2000, that shouldn't be a problem. There are some real nice town homes off of briar forest just east of gessner. Also check out city centre, they have town houses, and apartments. Also west ave off of westhiemer and kirby, a new mixed use development.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:41 PM

2,639 posts, read 8,289,966 times
If her husband works in Memorial City area then energy Corridor makes perfect sense and Its not too bad to SL. Forget the Woodlands that would be horrible commute. Montrose area is great. Agree with above as far as City Centre or the townhomes off Gessner and Briar Forest. There are also Loft style apartments there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston