Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 05:55 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westres1 View Post
This has got to be a marketing post...How on earth is CCR different from any other suburban MPP? Same homes, same trails,same fake lakes,same pools, no trees and way out in BFE. Dont get it.
You're right, it is just like the others, except it's even further out in BFE with worse road access and less convenience.
I think their salespeople are on these boards pumping it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 03:02 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,804,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westres1 View Post
This has got to be a marketing post...How on earth is CCR different from any other suburban MPP? Same homes, same trails,same fake lakes,same pools, no trees and way out in BFE. Dont get it.
It's a little bit different in concept. CCR is based around a natural creek. Trendmaker revived this creek and the wildlife associated with it. The whole neighborhood has a more of a natural and eco-friendly vibe compared to surrounding neighborhoods. This may not be everybody's cup of tea, but there ya go.
As far as trees, there wasn't much, but they plant them like crazy. The long term plan is for the neighborhood to be pretty wooded overall. It's also just down the street from Fulshear which is actually pretty damn cute. You get the modern neighborhood and historical old town experience at the same time. Overall it's a nice location if you don't want to live in one of those neighborhoods slapped along a major freeway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmj View Post
Getting to and from CCR is a logistical nightmare. 1463 or 1093 - that's all you get. Either way, you're not getting out of Katy for at least 20 minutes. Add that to a Galleria or Downtown commute and you'll just wanna drive your car off into one of those man made swamps out there.
I average 11 minutes to I-10 in the mornings from my driveway. I live right off fry so I'm close to the exit.
1463 will be a problem eventually and need to be widened. Same with 1093. The growth in this area just since we signed the contract with our builder one year ago has been INSANE. Apparently CCR residents aren't the only ones attracted to the area. Houston is full and growing. The only way to go is out. FWIW, the commute in to Montrose in the morning takes me less than an hour usually. 35 miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Fry Road should have been wide enough to where a third lane could easily be added (especially west of 99). Fry Road should also have been continuous through CCR. Those places are traffic hell.
Fry rd is residential, all the way through the middle of Cinco Ranch. Not sure why you think it should be 3 lanes. And really not sure why you think it needs to cut through CCR. I'm glad it doesn't, and no way for it to in the future.

Just some opinions from someone who actually lives there.

Old 10-22-2012, 05:54 PM

BTW, it takes me at least 15 minutes to get from West Dallas to 1-10. That's about 2 miles.
Tonite it took me 35 minutes to get from the home depot on I-10 at Wirt to my garage in CCR, taking the katy tollway from the beltway to barker cypress.

The traffic in-town is far more aggravating than anything else.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:22 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
It's a little bit different in concept. CCR is based around a natural creek. Trendmaker revived this creek and the wildlife associated with it. The whole neighborhood has a more of a natural and eco-friendly vibe compared to surrounding neighborhoods. This may not be everybody's cup of tea, but there ya go.
As far as trees, there wasn't much, but they plant them like crazy. The long term plan is for the neighborhood to be pretty wooded overall. It's also just down the street from Fulshear which is actually pretty damn cute. You get the modern neighborhood and historical old town experience at the same time. Overall it's a nice location if you don't want to live in one of those neighborhoods slapped along a major freeway.

I average 11 minutes to I-10 in the mornings from my driveway. I live right off fry so I'm close to the exit.
1463 will be a problem eventually and need to be widened. Same with 1093. The growth in this area just since we signed the contract with our builder one year ago has been INSANE. Apparently CCR residents aren't the only ones attracted to the area. Houston is full and growing. The only way to go is out. FWIW, the commute in to Montrose in the morning takes me less than an hour usually. 35 miles.

Fry rd is residential, all the way through the middle of Cinco Ranch. Not sure why you think it should be 3 lanes. And really not sure why you think it needs to cut through CCR. I'm glad it doesn't, and no way for it to in the future.

Just some opinions from someone who actually lives there.
Fry Road is not a residential street through Cinco Ranch. It's a major throughofare that has tens of thousands of cars use it daily. Have you seen the traffic on that thing? That's why it should be three lanes. It should cit through CCR to help with traffic flow and continue the grid. The developers shortsightedly stopped that. And lol, growth can happen upwards as well.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:05 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,365,492 times
Hehe, you nay sayers Are pretty funny. Almost to the point where I think you are affiliated with a third-party rather than being a user of this community. I live down the road from Cross Creek Ranch. I must say, it's the finest community I've ever been in all of the Houston area. Easy way to validate the truth of what I say is to look up my post history. I posted tons of times, of course not the thousands like many of the day today posters here, but I'm a real person. Someone who's actually posted about real things in the Houston area. I live in Cardiff Ranch. I love this community. But, if I were to do it over again I would invest a few more dollars in building a home at Cross Creek. It really is that good... Of course, if you don't enjoy the rustic and country feel as well nature like views ( this place will have some amazing natural park like views in a few years...) Then don't even bother reading the rest of this post. Crosscreek was developed to look like a wildlife park ... I'm not joking. It's really something. Anyhow, for those of u who continue to doubt, I challenge you to this: Drive up to Cross Creek Ranch. Bring a good camera and take pictures of the views around you. Come back here to the forums and post your findings and try to convince us that the views arent breathtaking considering the geography of this Katy community. I doubt that you'll do this, and this will drive my point even further. I beg of you, please try to prove me wrong!

Old 10-23-2012, 05:11 AM

I've driven through it. It's nice, but not that nice. They need to be careful with some of the things they are planting because it will mess with sight views while driving. The older Cinco Ranch sections had that same problem.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Fry Road is not a residential street through Cinco Ranch. It's a major throughofare that has tens of thousands of cars use it daily. Have you seen the traffic on that thing? That's why it should be three lanes. It should cit through CCR to help with traffic flow and continue the grid. The developers shortsightedly stopped that. And lol, growth can happen upwards as well.
Yes, I understand it's a thoroughfare, but it's a 35mph thoroughfare through a residential neighborhood, just like Cinco Ranch Blvd or any other main st in cinco. It's completely different than Fry Rd north of I-10 which is very commercial and has a lot more traffic. There is absolutely no reason to cut through CCR. Cut through to what, btw? All it will do is run into private land on the other side of CCR. It's much quicker and more direct to get to the village of Fulshear by taking 1093, especially since Fry puts you out on 1463 just a couple blocks north of 1093. Or if you insist on cutting through CCR, take Flewellen to 1093.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:37 AM

160 posts, read 399,688 times
The reason Fry Road was not continued through CCR is for the reason that was posted prior. It was the developers vision to discourage non-residential traffic through the community by not providing a direct access further to the west and thus keep a residential traffic pattern in the community.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc50 View Post
The reason Fry Road was not continued through CCR is for the reason that was posted prior. It was the developers vision to discourage non-residential traffic through the community by not providing a direct access further to the west and thus keep a residential traffic pattern in the community.
Those winding streets may look nice on paper, or now before it really fills out, but it is going to be a traffic nightmare there. there is no grid, so there won't be good traffic flow. Look at Cinco. Developers worked with the county and followed the street grid. Ccr is not as big, but in the future, when there is development on the other side of CCR, people will be wishing Fry was continuous straight through because 1093 will continue to be hell, even after the tollway extension. It's not like Ccr is a gated community and Fry could have been its main throughofare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
Yes, I understand it's a thoroughfare, but it's a 35mph thoroughfare through a residential neighborhood, just like Cinco Ranch Blvd or any other main st in cinco. It's completely different than Fry Rd north of I-10 which is very commercial and has a lot more traffic. There is absolutely no reason to cut through CCR. Cut through to what, btw? All it will do is run into private land on the other side of CCR. It's much quicker and more direct to get to the village of Fulshear by taking 1093, especially since Fry puts you out on 1463 just a couple blocks north of 1093. Or if you insist on cutting through CCR, take Flewellen to 1093.
Fry Road does not go through a residential neighborhood. It is not a neighborhood street and the speed limit does not matter. Most speed limits on the streets around Houston are 35 or 40 anyway. I'll have to try and find traffic counts for Fry, because Tue south side of it is pretty heavily used, too.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:35 PM

160 posts, read 399,688 times
So you are telling me a loop road that is contrcuted as a full boulevard section can not carry the same vpd as a straight boulevard section? Don't they have the same spped limit and lane widths? Not to mention the loop has bisectors in it as well that could carry cut through traffic if need be.

Again the point is to discourage cut through traffic. Cinco did not work with the County they followed a major throughfare plan that was adpoted by the County and City of Houston, the same as the developers of CCR expect the throughfare plan was adopted by Fulshear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston