Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 09:26 PM

1,336 posts, read 6,447,652 times

Advertisements

I like Towne Lake. They're doing something different and I appreciate that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 08:31 AM

366 posts, read 797,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousMTA View Post
Mr. Football,

You are a funny guy. I don't know what you have against Towne Lake.
I don't believe Mr. Football has anything against Towne Lake. I think he was just using that to compare the size of those lakes to the new upcoming park and its lake. Towne Lake looks like it's going to develop nicely, esp when the retail part off the lake done.

Fyi, the new park will be on the left just before the Sonic if you're going south on Barker Cypress.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:48 PM

127 posts, read 400,669 times
Mr. Football: I see, I agree. I like how cypress is gaining more MPC that are trying to bring something somewhat different. The variety is welcoming to help make cypress more beautiful.

Nervouslaughter: I misinterpreted the posting, but I think I'm good now haha.

I will try to look for that park again when I drive by. My son goes to a Montessori kind of nearby there. I love parks, I usually like to take my son out to the trails and have him ride his toy motor 4 wheely to feed the ducks.

Old 03-11-2013, 01:06 PM

536 posts, read 1,063,427 times
Anyone heard anything else about this park and it's development? It appears to have slowed down a bit from what I can see.

Old 03-11-2013, 01:11 PM

366 posts, read 797,520 times
I haven't, but I believe that's where the missing fisherman is thought to have drowned on Saturday.

Search called off for missing fisherman in NW Harris County - Houston Chronicle

Old 07-01-2013, 08:13 AM

I see that they've put a play area up here now (not complete to the best of my knowledge but you can see it from Barker).
I'm really hoping they'll finish up on this soon - It's close to me and would make a nice running loop.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,352 times
Default Kayaking

Will there ever be any ramps for kayaking? I've seen the park. The sign say 'no boats.' Does that include kayaks? The lake is large and beautiful, it would be so nice to be able to kayak around the lake for a little while and not have to go all the way to houston and get in the muddy bayou water.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:14 PM

I don't know regarding kayaks I'm afraid.

The park is now open 7am - 10pm daily. I believe the dog park is also open on the North side of the lake but haven't walked round there yet.

The kids play area has been accessible for a while but the parking and toilets only opened up a week or so ago. I will say I was disappointed with how poorly the toilets were fitted out (I wouldn't use them normally but my 2yr old needed to go and we didn't have time to go home!). I realize they're public toilets and are going for low maintenance but they have unfinished plywood doors in the cubicles which frankly just look super super cheap.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:46 PM

264 posts, read 442,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbink View Post
I don't know regarding kayaks I'm afraid.

The park is now open 7am - 10pm daily. I believe the dog park is also open on the North side of the lake but haven't walked round there yet.

The kids play area has been accessible for a while but the parking and toilets only opened up a week or so ago. I will say I was disappointed with how poorly the toilets were fitted out (I wouldn't use them normally but my 2yr old needed to go and we didn't have time to go home!). I realize they're public toilets and are going for low maintenance but they have unfinished plywood doors in the cubicles which frankly just look super super cheap.
How do I not know a dog park is nearby? Cbink, where exactly is the park...on the north side of Barker Cypress? If you want a good place to run go over to the college and run around the lake. It's scenic, quiet, and the surface is runner friendly.

Old 01-10-2014, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXbywayof View Post
How do I not know a dog park is nearby? Cbink, where exactly is the park...on the north side of Barker Cypress? If you want a good place to run go over to the college and run around the lake. It's scenic, quiet, and the surface is runner friendly.
It's brand new. It's on the corner of West and Barker Cypress - the road access to the dog park is on Barker, just North of West Rd. It's walking distance for me and the kids play area is quite large so I frequently go there with my boy. It used to be a quarry and now it has a decent lake and the path around it has a good surface too for running on.

Thanks for the tip on going to the college - I'd not thought of doing that. Really looking forward to Towne Lake's boardwalk opening up (I have it in my head that's either late this year or early next) as it will be a nice distance for me and the boy (he should be able to ride by then) to cycle to and sit and have a coffee/snack/lunch/whatever by the water etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston