Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 12:55 PM

1 posts, read 3,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sass-sqwatch View Post
I moved here from out of town and thought I was doing a good thing by registering my car and getting a Texas license. Well after five hours, two different offices and seven line changes because everyone sent me to the wrong line or had to take a break, they got me a temporary license and CONFISCATED my current license. Then they told me that I would receive my Texas license in three weeks. Well so much for starting my new job...most employers require a PHOTO ID. I could not use my credit cards since I HAD NO PHOTO ID and I was denied getting my daughter her social security card to she could go to school because I did NOT HAVE A PHOTO ID. DPS said tough ****, wait three weeks and if you don't get it in the mail, come back. I have never seen such a backward place as Houston and it is supposed to be the 6th largest city in the world? So if you want to get a Texas driver's license make sure you have all your ducks in a row and have started a new job and a couple thousand bucks to tide you over since you can't use any debit or credit cards. And beware---Texans hate outsiders with a purple passion and will do anything to make your life miserable.
You poor thing. Will someone please call the police and let them know this poor wretch has been kidnapped and taken against her will to Texas? After the police - most likely the DPS - rescue you, perhaps you could give some consideration to growing up or at least trying to act like an adult. If not, please remember that I-45 North and I-10 East both will allow you to escape from Houston, just in case you were wondering.

The DPS issues a temporary permit that is used in lieu of the photo ID until it arrives. They will also cut off a portion of the drivers license from your previous state of residence to render it void as a license to drive under the auspices of the that particular state and Texas, but will allow you to keep enough of the license such that it will still be able to provide you with a proper photo ID.

We assume that most of our new neighbors can read, which is why the DPS puts these things up on the walls – those things are called “signs”; they direct people to stand in various lines so that they can accomplish certain objectives, like car registration or applying for licenses. The DPS offices also have on hand certain very highly educated people that are fully capable of answering highly technical questions posed to them by new residents, such as “which line do I need to go stand in to register for a new license”?

By the way, Texas has always welcomed new residents - we don't hate outsiders. We do have a very serious dislike for perpetually unhappy people who constantly whine and complain, however. Texas is not a place for those that can’t deal with the reality of common day to day issues. No place wants residents like that. If Texas is so backward and unpleasant, why in the world did you come here? To take advantage of our backward economy, or just so you could be more miserable than you were in the garden spot you came from?

Hint of the day: Display a good attitude, and we backward Texans will bend over backwards to help you out in any way we can.

Try to have a nice day.

Last edited by 7thGenTexan; 07-04-2009 at 01:00 PM.. Reason: Remove the font descriptions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2009, 03:50 PM

156 posts, read 493,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGenTexan View Post
You poor thing. Will someone please call the police and let them know this poor wretch has been kidnapped and taken against her will to Texas? After the police - most likely the DPS - rescue you, perhaps you could give some consideration to growing up or at least trying to act like an adult. If not, please remember that I-45 North and I-10 East both will allow you to escape from Houston, just in case you were wondering.

The DPS issues a temporary permit that is used in lieu of the photo ID until it arrives. They will also cut off a portion of the drivers license from your previous state of residence to render it void as a license to drive under the auspices of the that particular state and Texas, but will allow you to keep enough of the license such that it will still be able to provide you with a proper photo ID.

We assume that most of our new neighbors can read, which is why the DPS puts these things up on the walls – those things are called “signs”; they direct people to stand in various lines so that they can accomplish certain objectives, like car registration or applying for licenses. The DPS offices also have on hand certain very highly educated people that are fully capable of answering highly technical questions posed to them by new residents, such as “which line do I need to go stand in to register for a new license”?

By the way, Texas has always welcomed new residents - we don't hate outsiders. We do have a very serious dislike for perpetually unhappy people who constantly whine and complain, however. Texas is not a place for those that can’t deal with the reality of common day to day issues. No place wants residents like that. If Texas is so backward and unpleasant, why in the world did you come here? To take advantage of our backward economy, or just so you could be more miserable than you were in the garden spot you came from?

Hint of the day: Display a good attitude, and we backward Texans will bend over backwards to help you out in any way we can.

Try to have a nice day.
Goodness, someone woke up a little cranky this morning. This post is nearly 2 years old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston