Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 02:29 PM

1,290 posts, read 5,436,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_guerrajr View Post
Confused since they have sections broken down by price.range.
I couldn't find the model homes anid every.thing.seemed to be a straight line and left/right streets branching off.
But that could just be of the entrance.
There are several sections of Auburn Lakes that are custom homes, so they would not have model homes...since they are custom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 02:35 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,989,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHomeschoolMom View Post
Oh, and we will be flying out for a visit next week. Any ideas about other new developments in the area we should check out ?
I was about to ask this. If you're open to other areas.

Are you just looking in Spring? How old are your kids?

For less congestion and something similar I'd look at Gleannloch Farms. Tons of young families.

People are ALWAYS jogging, walking, running by themselves, with an SO or friend, dog or a stroller. Kids crossing the street in packs to get to the rec center, etc.

Windrose is another.

As far as traffic, with both take Spring Cypress. It moves good and lights are spaced out nicely so you're always flowing.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:41 PM

187 posts, read 714,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
For less congestion and something similar I'd look at Gleannloch Farms. Tons of young families.

People are ALWAYS jogging, walking, running by themselves, with an SO or friend, dog or a stroller. Kids crossing the street in packs to get to the rec center, etc.
It may not appear to be as close to The Woodlands as Auburn Lakes, but I know of a couple families who live in Gleannloch Farms and drive their kids to a private school in Creekside (TW) so it's a manageable distance.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:07 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,989,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidfrogg View Post
It may not appear to be as close to The Woodlands as Auburn Lakes, but I know of a couple families who live in Gleannloch Farms and drive their kids to a private school in Creekside (TW) so it's a manageable distance.
It's actually a pretty close distance. Like I said, take Spring Cypress. 2920 is a nightmare and getting out of Gleannloch don't do Boudreaux Road. *shudders* all those 18 wheelers and it's a 2 lane yuck.

Spring Cypress to 45 the straight to The Woodlands. Takes no time. Now if you take 2920 it's going to take awhile.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:30 PM

489 posts, read 621,203 times
My husband says Glennloch Farms is too far From the area he wants to be. He wants to be as close to the Woodlands as possible. If we could afford the kind of house we want/ need there, we would just buy there.

The areas we have looked at are:

The Falls at Imperial Oaks
Harper's Preserve ( which I've heard is in not such a great spot as far as trashy areas right around there)
Spring Trails ( which have read some really concerning things about on their resident website)
And Auburn Lakes, which is the front runner right now....that and Imperial Oaks.

Maybe we have exhausted all the new developments in the area, but I wanted to post this in forum to see if maybe we had missed anything.

So, if anyone has any suggestions right around the Woodlands, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!

Old 06-26-2012, 05:17 AM

341 posts, read 802,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHomeschoolMom View Post
The areas we have looked at are:

The Falls at Imperial Oaks
Harper's Preserve ( which I've heard is in not such a great spot as far as trashy areas right around there)
Spring Trails ( which have read some really concerning things about on their resident website)
And Auburn Lakes, which is the front runner right now....that and Imperial Oaks.

Maybe we have exhausted all the new developments in the area, but I wanted to post this in forum to see if maybe we had missed anything.

So, if anyone has any suggestions right around the Woodlands, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!

Auburn Lakes>FM1488/2978>Imperial Oaks>Harper's Preserve

I didn't know where Auburn Lakes is, but looking at the map, that is one place I would buy if I don't live where I live. When they finish the Grand Parkway, you will have an easier commute and I expect Gosling to be expanded. It is a peaceful place and good schools, a football player with a nickname "All Day" lives around there, so you know it must be a good place to live. If you want to live close to The Woodlands, this is the best choice with recognized schools and easy going to The Woodlands, 1, or 2 traffic lights and you're there. You might want to look at FM1488/FM2978 area, very wide open space and pretty good school, but it is too much country living for me. To me, I pick school over having a place close to work, so this is my 2nd preferred place. Imperial Oaks has nice places, but the railroad track is a big downer for me because it seems to me I get stop here more often than other places and Rayford Rd is too congested most of the time. And going to Houston from Imperial Oaks is a weird drive, just look at the map and you will see. Good thing is if the Grand Parkway opens, the commute will be many times better, but Fox Run (not well kept) is too close to Imperial Oaks- I hope my friend isn't reading this. I don't know much about Harper's Preserve, but to me it is too close to Conroe, so I don't think it is as good as your other choices. Good Luck with your choices.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:23 AM

187 posts, read 714,231 times
Have you looked at Jacob's Reserve? New construction, lower cost-per-sq-ft than TW, but still zoned to TW schools. Lots of young families. It's on FM1488 near 242/College Park....bounded by Jones Forest. Just another possibility (since you asked about other options).

ETA: just as I posted this, I saw a link to another thread discussing Auburn Lakes, Creekside, Jacobs Reserve: http://www.city-data.com/forum/houst...vs-jacobs.html

Old 06-26-2012, 07:41 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,583,955 times
Look at places off of Kuykendahl, pretty much around Auburn lakes, on the west side.

Creekside is also a nice area.
Harpers Preserve is promising, however really new.
Spring Trails is developed, but the sq ft per price is off.
Legends Ranch - i would pass
Discovery AT Spring Trails, moving slow, new development with solar technology. However nothing near by, this part also applies to Spring Trails.

There is...

The Chancel - small, minimal amenities, but good price.
Windrose - older, but established and amenites
Inverness Estates - i've only seen it off the road, looks nice.
Northcrest Village - small, minimal amenities, but good price.
Senterra Lakes (Villages Of)
Cypress Forest Lakes - Further away, but nice.
Lakes of Cypress Forest - Further away, but nice.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:05 PM

489 posts, read 621,203 times
Thanks so much for all who answered, and gave suggestions. We will check out some of those when we come to visit next week.

Our biggest concern about Auburn Lakes right now ( besides the lack of trees in the moderately priced neighborhoods) is that we are seeing many complaints online about Lennar homes. I know that every home builder will have complaints, but some of the same issues are coming up again and again. I think I will start a spin off thread to ask about them.

Thanks again!

Old 06-26-2012, 02:13 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,583,955 times
the other builders in there are great as well.
the only one who may be iffy is Infinity Classic Homes, since they are new and local.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston