Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2012, 04:59 PM

135 posts, read 335,347 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a good private school for my 4 year old. I live in Summerwood and want something close to me that provides a challenging education for my son and keeps out the riff raff. Is Northeast Christian Academy a good school?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 02:46 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,992,719 times
Summerwood Elementary's 15% is too much riff raff for you huh?

You still plastic the heavy rap with the open garage? I'm sure the neighbors think you're the riff raff too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNPLAYBOY310 View Post
I was doing some research on HAR.COM and saw that Summerwood Elementary has 15% students that are "economically disadvantaged." I am contemplating buying in Summerwood or Eagle Springs, but leaning heavily towards Summerwood since it's closer to the Beltway. I thought it was a good neighborhood but I want my kids to be in the best school possible. How are there so many economically disadvantaged kids going to school in a "master planned community"?
15% is a really tiny amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNPLAYBOY310 View Post
When I work out in the garage I like to play my music, not extremely loud, but loud enough where they probably can hear it outside two houses down when I have my garage open. I usually keep it closed but during the summer months it's too hot for that. My workout music of choice is hip hop. I'm moving to a new neighborhood, a master planned community. I want to put my best foot forward and have not previously lived in a predominantly white community; will my working out to loud rap music turn off my new neighbors?
The things you say = LMAO to and

Old 08-04-2012, 06:02 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,140,569 times
Your son will find the riff raff whether you like it or not. That's what kids do. And if you think that private schools (religion based or not) are immune, you are in for a rude awakening.

Summerwood elementary is a top notch school. So is Primrose if you want private, and there are several Montessori schools around (one on W. Lake Houston) that are also very good. Don't know anything about the NE Christian Academy.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:32 PM

2,086 posts, read 4,132,959 times
Come on, no need for the snarky comments.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:12 PM

135 posts, read 335,347 times
Why is it that I'm made out to be some kind of elitist just for wanting my kid in a good school? Yes I listen to gangster rap in my garage. I try to keep it to a decent noise level out of respect, but when I go into beast mode I can't have some hipster **** or r&b. I have my degree, a good job, no loud parties, and I keep my yard looking nice. I doubt my neighbors have any complaints. If I'm willing to pay extra money to pay for my kids to learn in a place with no distractions then it should matter to you. Trust me, my tax dollars are still paying for those other kids and I'm not complaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston