Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 11:51 AM

360 posts, read 665,635 times

Advertisements

I along with A LOT of other people, witnessed a hit and run (driver hit a pregnant pedestrian and her husband) in front of Sugar Land City Hall Friday night. There was no news story. If you were out there or have some information, please let me know if the driver was caught. So many people attempted to make her stay (even risking their lives by standing in front of the car) and I'm hoping the victim is okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 12:36 PM

19 posts, read 34,815 times
That's a shame. Please tell me that someone at least got the plate info.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:05 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
A description of the car and person helps.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:54 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,349,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key2thecity View Post
I along with A LOT of other people, witnessed a hit and run (driver hit a pregnant pedestrian and her husband) in front of Sugar Land City Hall Friday night. There was no news story. If you were out there or have some information, please let me know if the driver was caught. So many people attempted to make her stay (even risking their lives by standing in front of the car) and I'm hoping the victim is okay.
I can't imagine no one called the police? Why not see if they are aware? Did an ambulance come for the victim? Or call the local TV stations and see if they could "ask for information" on their newscast -- even better if the request comes from SL Police.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:24 PM

Default The police were called...

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
I can't imagine no one called the police? Why not see if they are aware? Did an ambulance come for the victim? Or call the local TV stations and see if they could "ask for information" on their newscast -- even better if the request comes from SL Police.
The police were called. PLENTY of police and a fire truck came out. Both victims were checked by paramedics. The woman never got up and was transported via amublance. I, along with several other people, got the license plate and gave our pics and information to the police. There were hundreds of people there due to the Salsa class that they had in the plaza earlier that night. I also called Fox26 Saturday morning and they said they would follow up but I didn't see a newsstory, hence the reason I thought I'd post about it.

Last edited by key2thecity; 07-01-2013 at 02:31 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-01-2013, 02:27 PM

Default Description

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
A description of the car and person helps.
The person was a woman in her early 20s, middle eastern, dark hair, several tattoos on upper left arm.

The car was an older model black, Toyota RAV 4, Tennessee plates.

I was told that I couldn't/shouldn't post the license plate number.

Old 07-04-2013, 01:02 AM

1 posts, read 1,527 times
I was there that night! I've been searching all over trying to find any news on them! I keep praying that the mother and her unborn child is ok! I cannot believe there is no news about this. I even looked on accident archives, nothing!

Old 07-04-2013, 06:55 AM

134 posts, read 133,514 times
I was there Friday night this is the first I'm hearing of this.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:35 PM

1,478 posts, read 1,514,349 times
Me too!

Old 07-28-2013, 10:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key2thecity View Post
I was in the Marriott Lobby when this happened! I was sitting down and chatting with my family and then all of a sudden my uncle came in telling us about this. Good thing he is a paramedic. He said he held the girl. and saw a few people chasing the car snapping pictures of the license. I posted on FB about it and my cousin said his friends were there too and were chasing the car. I have no doubt in my mind the guy has been caught. But i'd be lieing if i said i wasn't worried about the situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston