Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Time to bench Schaub?
Yes 43 74.14%
No 15 25.86%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 10:57 AM

1,473 posts, read 2,150,866 times

Advertisements

I think kubiak has a set amount he gets in his contract anyway right ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 10:58 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post
We have a young quarterback Case Keenum and we need to find out if he's capable of being a starter or a backup," McNair says. "The way you find out is by playing him.

I agree with you there was a umber things, but benching him seems to have been the final straw
I have no problem with Case being on the team next year, but I still want to see them draft a QB and have them compete for the job, and not just hand the job to Case.

Old 12-06-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
I think kubiak has a set amount he gets in his contract anyway right ?
I think he has one more year left on his contract that they have to pay him for.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I think he has one more year left on his contract that they have to pay him for.
I hate to leave a man with out a job on the eve of christmas.. so long as he has means to support his famliy thou....but bob mcnair is a good guy I think he would have offered kubiak a buy out anyway even if he were not required too

Old 12-06-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I have no problem with Case being on the team next year, but I still want to see them draft a QB and have them compete for the job, and not just hand the job to Case.
I agree I think all postions should be a dog fight during training,,, even starters.. My stance is if you go out there and let a rookie out preform you , you will be sitting on the bench come game day

Old 12-06-2013, 11:13 AM

614 posts, read 1,237,886 times
Quote:
I hate to leave a man with out a job on the eve of christmas.. so long as he has means to support his famliy thou....but bob mcnair is a good guy I think he would have offered kubiak a buy out anyway even if he were not required too
Come on now. I'm not heartless by any stretch but good riddance to kubiak. And to say poor him To be out of a job is rediculous! He's not your average worker who gets laid off. He still gets paid millions of dollars for staying home and have millions upon millions so please enough with the as long as he can support his family stuff. Are you kidding me? That's just like Latrell sprewell said he needs x millions so he can support his family. Laughable!

Old 12-06-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcatheart View Post
Come on now. I'm not heartless by any stretch but good riddance to kubiak. And to say poor him To be out of a job is rediculous! He's not your average worker who gets laid off. He still gets paid millions of dollars for staying home and have millions upon millions so please enough with the as long as he can support his family stuff. Are you kidding me? That's just like Latrell sprewell said he needs x millions so he can support his family. Laughable!
That why I said it good he will still get paid..besides he will get another job... there are plenty of teams out there who are about to give their coaches the boot.. teams who have never held any title.. he may lay low for a few years but we have not seen the last

Old 12-06-2013, 11:21 AM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times
Quote:
My guess ... is that Kubiak doesn't live paycheck to paycheck
He made in one year what most people will make in their lifetime

Old 12-06-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
My guess ... is that Kubiak doesn't live paycheck to paycheck
Lol, yeah Kubiak losing his job before christmas, is not like one of us losing our jobs right before the holidays. He's not your average working man. He's made Millions of dollars being a head coach, he can afford to take a few years off.

Old 12-06-2013, 04:35 PM

1,326 posts, read 3,452,172 times
Quote:
I wonder if putting in matt or case sparked this ..it no secert mcnair like case
If McNair and Texans fans think Case Keenum is the franchise QB, then they seriously don't have a clue.
Keenum can't handle blitzes and just flings the ball whenever the blitz comes.
The first big hit he gets, he'll get broken in half.

Quote:
well wade has four games to show he can do the job.. he would need to win all four to be considered a serious contender for it
As a Cowboys fan, trust me, you do NOT want Wade Phillips as your next coach.
Texans would be advised to hire a coach with NO current connections to the team or the city.
They just need a fresh start, new system, new everything.
Texans also need to reevaluate their roster including guys like Antonio Smith. That guy is all talk and little to no production.
Outside of Watt, there's not a player on the roster that is a must-keep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston