Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 08:31 AM

131 posts, read 153,977 times

Advertisements

How much more will sugar land grow over the next 10-15 years? I know it's growing fast as is. What I fear is that the population will hit something ridiculous like 120,000+ and Sugar land will start having many high rises built that will make the city look like down town houston. I want the city of sugar land to be as is, and still have parks and recreational areas.

And absolutely no buildings like that of downtown houston!! Lol

Can anyone give any input on this?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2014, 08:45 AM

82 posts, read 177,909 times
I doubt that. There is not much land left in Sugar Land.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovieN View Post
I doubt that. There is not much land left in Sugar Land.
I also fear to see all the land that's left be eaten up by concrete, glass, and steel.

Old 01-26-2014, 12:26 PM

2,367 posts, read 4,701,043 times
There will never be a residential highrise out there. Though I guess it is possible to get some office buildings like the Woodlands got. I think you are pretty safe from a concrete jungle. Sugar Land will peak out when the land is gone. Other areas around it will grow.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:11 PM

705 posts, read 1,261,647 times
The great thing about Sugar Land is, it's its own city. If you don't want to see that happen, pay attention to the politics. Residents get a big say in a small city. I'm sure they already have something in place against high rises. If I remember correctly, apartments can't be higher than two stories.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:19 PM

238 posts, read 696,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiovo View Post
The great thing about Sugar Land is, it's its own city. If you don't want to see that happen, pay attention to the politics. Residents get a big say in a small city. I'm sure they already have something in place against high rises. If I remember correctly, apartments can't be higher than two stories.
Three stories, but nevertheless your point holds. Haven't seen that many tall buildings in Sugar Land except for hospitals and parking garage in the town center. Has a nice small town feel that makes the suburbia come alive. That's what I really like about Sugar Land. It reminds me of Tysons Corner in VA near where I used to live.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher713 View Post
There will never be a residential highrise out there. Though I guess it is possible to get some office buildings like the Woodlands got. I think you are pretty safe from a concrete jungle. Sugar Land will peak out when the land is gone. Other areas around it will grow.

Concrete jungle...that was the word I was looking for. As long as that doesn't happen, no high rises, and no ridiculous population, I'm happy with that

Old 01-26-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiovo View Post
As someone living in Friendswood, what's the best way to keep up with city politics? I would do it through twitter, but I'm following too many accounts as it is.

Old 01-26-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekbiker View Post
Three stories, but nevertheless your point holds. Haven't seen that many tall buildings in Sugar Land except for hospitals and parking garage in the town center. Has a nice small town feel that makes the suburbia come alive. That's what I really like about Sugar Land. It reminds me of Tysons Corner in VA near where I used to live.
Hopefully it stays that way in regards to tall buildings

Old 01-27-2014, 01:16 AM

2,192 posts, read 3,225,559 times
unless that tall building comes with a company willing to relocate, your safe,....

Now if someone like ESPN moves and wants to bring 5K workers with them and build a multipurpose skysraper then things will change
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston