Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 09:50 AM

3 posts, read 17,782 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are thinking of relocating our family to the Humble area. We are wondering what the best/safest neighborhoods are? We have heard a lot about Eagle Springs, which is an option but I don't want to limit myself to just ES. What are OTHER good neighborhoods/areas besides ES, Summerwood and Fall Creek? We have two children ages 8 and 5. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 01:19 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
From what I've heard from my brother who lives there, Fall Creek has as good elementary school, but the middle school isn't that great.

Personally, I tend to like ES and Summerwood more than Fall Creek.

Old 04-16-2014, 01:50 PM

Do you or your brother happen to know of any other areas that are good?

Old 04-16-2014, 02:09 PM

467 posts, read 778,629 times
If you're moving in NE Houston _RIGHT NOW_ the best communities are Eagle Springs, Fall Creek and Summerwood.
Each community has their own pros and cons.

Fall Creek - location, amenities, Redstone golf course, closest to 59 & down town.

Eagle Springs - community, same amenities as FC (2 pools, sports complex, tennis courts, soccer fields, baseball fields).. more hiking / biking trails in ES. Furthest out from Beltway 8 / 59.

Summerwood - location, less amenities than ES & FC. W. Lake houston gets backed up getting out to Beltway at 7am-9am and 3:30pm-6pm.

Westin & Ryland are finishing out Fall Creek.

Westin, Ryland, Lennar, Taylor Morrison, Village, DR Horton, Chesmar are in Eagle Springs.

Ryland, David Weekly, Westin are in Summerwood.

They are all in the final phases of completion (less than 2-3 years of construction until the end of development). Eagle Springs has the best schools & family vibe throughout the community.

11 new neighborhoods being built on W. Lake Houston Parkway, ranging from $200s to millions. NE Houston is on fire.

Old 04-16-2014, 03:07 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,138,933 times
I agree with dd1153's assessment of the neighborhoods. I live in Eagle Springs and love it here. Every area has their pros/cons. What I tell everyone is to drive through the neighborhoods and find that one that feels like home to you. Your idea of what feels like "home" might be different than mine.

But to answer your question, the current top contender master planned communities in Atascocita are:

- Eagle Springs
- Summerwood
- Fall Creek
- Lake Shore
- Water's Edge

There are other communities here that are have cheaper housing that I could also recommend, but they will not have the amenities that the above neighborhoods have.

There are 3-4 other master planned communities that are being built (ground is being broken now) that will open up later this year and beginning of next year - all along West Lake Houston Parkway (The Groves, Bridges at Lake Houston, and a couple of others I can't remember the names of). Right now the Atascocita area is very low on inventory, and houses are being snatched up QUICKLY. Some go before they are ever even listed. Some go in hours. Most are gone in days to within a week or two.

Old 04-16-2014, 03:09 PM

Post 5 might interest you:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/houst...ston-live.html

Old 04-17-2014, 12:31 PM

1,461 posts, read 5,597,258 times
As the previous posters stated Eagle Springs, Fall Creek and Summerwood would be the top 3 choices to look into.

Old 04-17-2014, 03:56 PM

We aren't to concerned with amenities... we have none where we currently are and aren't accustomed to that type of thing. What are good areas w/o amenities?

Old 04-21-2014, 08:28 AM

A lot of people, with families, judge "best" by the amenities and schools.

Since amenities don't appear to factor in very much to your "best", can you describe your "best"?

Old 04-21-2014, 10:28 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,138,933 times
Regarding best elementaries - the 5 neighborhoods I listed are your best bet. Walden on Lake Houston also has a great elementary school (Maplebrook), but is not the best neighborhood for young kids (no sidewalks, etc). Plus you will end up paying more in HOA dues for less amenities than you will in say Eagle Springs or Summerwood.

The best elementary schools are:
Eagle Springs Elem.
Atascocita Springs Elem.
Lake Shore Elem.
Summerwood Elem.
Fall Creek Elem.

Several people on here have told you the "best" communities to look at in the Atascocita area, but you don't seem to interested in them. You need to tell us what you are specifically wanting in a neighborhood if you want guidance on where to look.

One thing to consider is that there is a LOT of growth and building going on up here and rezoning of the schools will have to happen in the next few years. Hopefully another middle school will be built soon as well. So unless you are in a specific neighborhood that houses one of the "best" elementaries in the area, then there's really no guarantee on where you child will go to school. Example - if you live in Eagle Springs, you will always be zoned to Eagle Springs Elem. or Atascocita Springs Elem. Currently a neighborhood called Clayton's Corner attends Atascocita Springs Elem. in Eagle Springs. But if they rezone, that might not always be the case.

Here's a breakdown of all the neighborhoods within Humble ISD. Just be aware that Humble ISD includes Kingwood as well - so this is Humble, Kingwood and Atascocita schools.
Enrollment in Humble ISD / Attendance Zones

On a personal note - we lived in a community with almost no amenities (for kids at least). There was golf - which we didn't participate in, so that didn't interest us. It cost extra in HOA fees to use the tennis courts, etc. We actually would come to Eagle Springs and play in their parks because we didn't have one. We moved to Eagle Springs because we ended up paying less in HOA fees for WAY MORE amenities. And because of that, we actually USE the amenities. Before we didn't have soccer fields, etc. But now we have all these amenities where our kids can have fun and play, where we can plan family get togethers in the pavilions, etc. And it's not just for kids. Adults in the neighborhood have soccer teams, la cross, softball/baseball, flag football, etc. that meet at our facilities. Just because you don't have amenities now, and aren't used to them, doesn't mean that you wouldn't enjoy them if you did have them. Just a thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston