Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 04:22 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,726,460 times

Advertisements

I would say that you should report the matter if the dog has no shelter. If it has adequate shelter, it will be fine. I personally would be more worried about the dog in the hot summer months in Houston than in the winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 05:22 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,270,957 times
I agree. No shelter is a problem. Dogs must have shelter, and I think that is law. But outside is not a problem as long as you provide for extreme weather, and you take time to socialize with the dog. Also consider the breed. A big furry dog used to cold climates will suffer in our summers. But c'mon there are a bazillion dogs that live outdoors with no problem. People need to stop being weenies. It's ok to eat gluten and it's ok to ground your children. Sheez.

I used to rent a room in a house where the owner brought in a rescue great dane. Strictly indoor dog. The owner would fly out of town for weeks at a time every month. The dog became neurotic and started to pull baseboards off the wall. Another case where the dog probably would have done better outside where she may find some things to do instead of just laying around sulking.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:18 PM

498 posts, read 837,839 times
I keep my dogs crated when I'm not home, and when home I'll leave them outside for hours on end. Come at me bro.

Seriously though, if the dog is being neglected or abused then get off this forum and call someone who can help.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:16 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
What is black and brown and looks good on an attorney?

Spoiler
A Doberman Pincher

Old 11-17-2014, 11:14 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,970 times
Yes, it's animal abuse if you don't let the pup sleep in bed with you, and lick the inside of your mouth as often as he likes.

If the animal is being abused, that is one thing, but folks tend to forget that they are animals and are better equipped for the elements than we are. Of course our dog does have a 24x18 covered patio and a dog couch to lounge on, so no wonder it can be hard to get him to come inside, even if it is cold out.

Old 11-17-2014, 05:41 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,902,730 times
Absolutely report the animal to the ASPCA. They will investigate and educate the owner without saying who reported. Some people view animals as utilitarian - not as pets that are part of the family. Sadly, these are often the same people who keep their animals chained. At the least, the animal should have a dog house, elevated off the ground. Very kind of you to notice.

Old 11-17-2014, 09:49 PM

232 posts, read 463,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatyana137 View Post
Hi everyone. My neighbors have a dog. It seems that this dog is rarely allowed in the house. I haven't lived here during the summer so I can't say if they were leaving him out then, but they do now. It's getting very cold in the city, yet I still see this dog sleeping in the grass with no shelter. I ve seen this dog sitting in a crazy rain with nowhere to hide. What can I do? I don't know this people, and I don't want any confrontation , but I am worried about this animal.
Can you tell us what has happened since you originally posted the question? It's freezing tonight so the dog better have shelter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: