Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 04:08 PM

59 posts, read 99,614 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Can someone please shed some light on all the commercial development that's sprouting up along 99 in Richmond?? I think there was some talk about possibly a WalMart going up at 99/Harlem. Any truth to that? Also there is so much being built around the Long Meadow Farms Market area. Anyone know what's going on around there??

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 04:52 PM

33 posts, read 49,382 times
Building home in the new section of Waterview estates. I'm interested as well.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:30 PM

388 posts, read 689,293 times
This is what we have long been waiting for...

16.55 Acre Multifamily Land Site

No idea how long it will take or of it will really go up as planned. Since Harvest Green is supposed to be built across GP, on the other side of Aliana, I assume it will happen, but this we have been seeing this for a few years. We imagine something like SL Town Square but maybe on a much smaller scale?

Honestly, we hope for a new grocery store and a Target. I loathe the Kroger off Highway 6 and the one in Waterview is a touch too far for us to go regularly. As it stands, those living in Aliana, have few places to make a quick trip to get groceries. Yes, there is an HEB off Highway 6 but even that can take some time with traffic on 90, depending on the time.
And our Target choices are Highway 6, which again, depending on the time of day, can be a pain or the one in Cinco. Which is fine, but we would love one closer.

Here is info on Harvest Green, in case you didn't know:
Harvest Green : Master Planned Community in Fort Bend County
Johnson Development moves forward with Imperial and Harvest Green | Fort Bend Southwest Star Newspaper

Originally, I had read that model homes were to start in early 2015 but so far, they have only prepped the land. But they work it daily, so maybe by the summer there will be model homes.

Old 03-16-2015, 08:12 PM

Thanks Daisee. I have seen the first link before...I wish there was something more concrete on it. I would love a grocery store and a Target in that area as well. And I'm SO curious to know what else is coming at the Long Meadow Farms market around the palladium.

I was aware of the new Johnson MPC, but not the name. Isn't that area very very close to the prison??

I've been house hunting in the Richmond area for a while...just so torn on where to go. Was interested in the LMF Trace area for a little while, but not sure how I feel about it with all the uncertain development in that area. Aliana is on the list as well, but probably won't get the sq ft we want with our price point.

Oh well...the search continues!

Old 03-17-2015, 06:10 AM

183 posts, read 381,815 times
There is a new subdivsion going in right across from the prison on Harlem. I dont think this is the Hartvest green area bc that states it is across from Aliana and W. Airport, which this area clearly is not.

Old 03-17-2015, 08:23 AM

203 posts, read 338,738 times
Found this in another thread!

http://www.read-king.com/sites/defau...r_siteplan.pdf

Old 03-17-2015, 09:13 AM

5,429 posts, read 14,873,287 times
It's unfortunate the site plan looks like too much multifamily and not enough restaurants. I know there's a dearth of sit-down restaurants in that Waterside Estates general area; it's almost all fast food. The area needs sit-down restaurants, Super Target and HEB; definitely not more apartments. If I were a resident in that area I'd be writing and calling the real estate developer putting up these plans.

Old 03-17-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK123 View Post
It's unfortunate the site plan looks like too much multifamily and not enough restaurants. I know there's a dearth of sit-down restaurants in that Waterside Estates general area; it's almost all fast food. The area needs sit-down restaurants, Super Target and HEB; definitely not more apartments. If I were a resident in that area I'd be writing and calling the real estate developer putting up these plans.

Agreed. This stretch of GP going all the way up towards Bella Terra really needs nice sit-down restaurants. Thousands of homes in the area, but nowhere for these folks to sit down and eat!

Old 03-17-2015, 11:47 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,924,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK123 View Post
Truth. I am less than impressed with the development thus far on 99 between 90-A and the Westpark Tollway, save for the Palladium and Gallery Furniture.

Old 03-17-2015, 11:54 AM

5,647 posts, read 4,999,715 times
Give it time, folks. Fast food is always the first type of restaurant to pop up.

Cypress waited until after years and years of massive growth before retail finally exploded, giving people more options. I doubt it will be different along 99 in Fort Bend County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston