Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 02:04 PM

388 posts, read 686,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubengal1982 View Post
There is a new subdivsion going in right across from the prison on Harlem. I dont think this is the Hartvest green area bc that states it is across from Aliana and W. Airport, which this area clearly is not.
I believe this is Harvest Green. I just think it's the first phase and West Airport will be built out as time goes on. If you take West Airport all the way to GP, you will see there is plenty of space for it to be built out and over toward the left, is where this construction is starting/clearing the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BilInSaf View Post
Thanks Daisee. I have seen the first link before...I wish there was something more concrete on it. I would love a grocery store and a Target in that area as well. And I'm SO curious to know what else is coming at the Long Meadow Farms market around the palladium.

I was aware of the new Johnson MPC, but not the name. Isn't that area very very close to the prison??

I've been house hunting in the Richmond area for a while...just so torn on where to go. Was interested in the LMF Trace area for a little while, but not sure how I feel about it with all the uncertain development in that area. Aliana is on the list as well, but probably won't get the sq ft we want with our price point.

Oh well...the search continues!
Yes. Harvest Green, to my knowledge, will be very close to the prison. However, the prison will be moved to Victoria. We live not too far from the prison and I never think twice about it.

In addition to Harvest Green, the folks that built Cinco Ranch announced plans to start building a new MPC off the Grand Parkway and 529 (? - excuse me...sometimes I forget what it is called)...headed toward Cypress, after you go through Katy. It will be called Elyson (sp). Half of it will be in KISD and half will be in Cy-Fair.

Aliana, while nice sized, doesn't give us the "community" feel we are searching for at this time. The only one that has matched is Firethorne but it's kind of far out for us.

Old 03-23-2015, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley2013 View Post
Yep...this is what we think is the construction in which was originally posted.

Old 03-23-2015, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BilInSaf View Post
Agreed. This stretch of GP going all the way up towards Bella Terra really needs nice sit-down restaurants. Thousands of homes in the area, but nowhere for these folks to sit down and eat!
UGH!!! I know!!! We need a Chili's, some kind of another tex-mex place, Jason's Deli, Olive Garden, Willie's and a few upscale places.

They are building the 2nd Taco Bell along the GP!!! Within 2 miles of each other. WHAT THE FRICK?!

Old 03-25-2015, 07:00 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,312,458 times
99 area is the hidden gem of the region.

Old 03-25-2015, 09:20 PM

59 posts, read 99,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txstate View Post
99 area is the hidden gem of the region.
Waiting for this gem to shine....

Old 03-26-2015, 08:48 AM

587 posts, read 1,135,021 times
I agree what everyone is saying in regards to the food options...99 is fast food paradise...mcdonalds, sonic, wendys, jack n the box, subway, chick filet, taco bell, popeyes and whataburger hold court from I-10 to 59..

.its even worse on mason rd, where you throw in all the above plus burger king, panda express x2, mulitple pizza chains, chipotle, freebirds, and the like before you get to the few sit down restaurant options available (black eyed pea, lubys, saltgrass, johnny carino's, willie-G's etc..)

One thing the Richmond/Katy area lacks, especially on the grand parkway, is sit down restaurants...there are a few options at LaCenterra now, but not enough to fill the vast need of the entire area....but, if you over expand with too many restaurants, someone is not going to survive and we know that chains have closed recently in sugarland, stafford, and missouri city...

it would be nice if pappa's put a few of their chains somewhere off of 99, especially pappadeux's and pappasito's, and maybe a pappa's bbq(if you prefer the "oven smoked" variety)....the nearest locations from the richmond area are the ones in sugarland or memorial city mall...

Old 03-26-2015, 10:27 AM

2,188 posts, read 3,218,368 times
Papps bbq stops at 59 and beechnut as I'm surprised there are none west of beltway 8 west from 290 to 288

Pappadeaxs and sitos rarely expand as they built a new pappadeaxs off i10 east but they closed a papas to do so

Old 06-12-2015, 09:51 AM

2 posts, read 3,597 times
Default Need for nice Restaurants along 99

There is a rumor that a very nice upscale New Orleans style Cajun restaurant will be build in the new center going up just to the north east of Gallery Furniture. Its supposed to offer gourmet style food like you would get in the French Quarter, and a nice Bar as well. Possibly open by November-December...

Old 06-12-2015, 02:02 PM

344 posts, read 1,250,858 times
Come on Wes, give us some more info on your restaurant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston