Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 08:32 PM

137 posts, read 258,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisee1203 View Post
I came to this post to try to breathe life back into it and I see someone else beat me to it. LOL.

I am beyond curious to see what comes out of that new HEB. I hope it LOOKS prettier than the one in Sugar Land. If you drive in parts of Cypress, those HEB's have stone and look so much more upscale. I hope the strip centers that always go up with HEB, is attractive to more upscale clients.

Has anyone heard about the Target? I'm foaming at the mouth.
Lol ... heavily foaming too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 08:45 PM

59 posts, read 99,428 times
There's so much going on in the area but noone seems to have any info on it....

Old 05-25-2016, 09:49 PM

142 posts, read 517,040 times
What about Target stores that people are excited about? I'm just curious

Old 05-26-2016, 08:27 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,089,550 times
It's only a matter of time until the Jester Units close too

Old 06-18-2016, 08:07 PM

137 posts, read 258,055 times
Are any of the power line towers going to be relocated at the Waterview Town Center? Or will they serve as shade for parking?

Old 06-29-2016, 05:36 AM

392 posts, read 318,915 times
On Harlem/99, I see that the new HEB is getting closer to completion (November?). Does anyone know what they are clearing for on the Southeast side of w AirPort/99 at the entrance of Aliana?

Old 05-31-2017, 12:58 PM

87 posts, read 126,959 times
Reviving this thread again.

I have been hungrily devouring any information I can find about this area as we will be moving in the first week of July to Long Meadow Farms. I make regular trips out there and this is what I've observed.

@ 99 and Harlem Road
1. The HEB that people were talking about 2 years is now built.
2. It's confirmed that the new construction right beside the HEB will be a Target, a fancy new kind of which this is the first.
3. It looks like prep-work has started at the Waterview Town Center location, I see heavy equipment and workmen over there, so 2 years after it was first announced they might be finally doing something.

@ Long Meadow Farms Market (specifically beside Gallery Furniture)
1. Looks like they are building something, but I'm not sure what I see 2 structures going up.
2. Brick and Mortar restaurant closed down and the space is going to be a Lopez Mexican restaurant

@ Harvest Green / Aliana
1. Looks to be close to 50% built, they are prepping new sections right up close to 99
2. Aliana looks to be stretching out on the other side also, lots of land cleared right up close to 99 on their side also. I checked Aliana's site plan I had no idea it was going to be so huge 4000+ houses of which they've only built half!

Anybody else have any other information or observations about this area?

Old 05-31-2017, 02:02 PM

467 posts, read 1,188,053 times
There's a Marshall's sign up at the Waterview Town Center.

Old 05-31-2017, 02:22 PM

2,192 posts, read 3,229,231 times
sad there's no place for "high-priced" restaurants out this way..lol

it'll be interesting to see what FBISD does in terms of high schools for the future

Old 05-31-2017, 02:29 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,920,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcu View Post
sad there's no place for "high-priced" restaurants out this way..lol

it'll be interesting to see what FBISD does in terms of high schools for the future
If history is any indicator, protect Clements at all costs.

But more seriously, Fort Bend ISD still has a decent, albeit shrinking, amount of land in its jurisdiction that could probably justify a few more high schools on the west side of the district. Most of that seems to be developing into middle/upper middle class to upper class neighborhoods (in part due to the name cache of being in FBISD), so it may be a question of how they choose to re-shuffle and redistribute the existing populations on the north and northwest/west sides of the district.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston