Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 01:06 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,587,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
I was going to post the same thing this am. Great minds think alike, I guess.

I went on the har.com website in the middle of the night (up with sick kid) and thought "Ugh, just when I figured it out before......".

Dislikes:

1. The fact that the default is to search statewide (isn't it the Houston Association of Realtors??), and then you have to input a specific city/town name. I can't see where you can search by a zone anymore. This is a big issue for the searches we are doing now for real estate in the Clear Lake/Bay area. I now have set up 5-6 different searches (i.e. 77058,77059, Nassau Bay, Seabrook etc)

2. It seems like there are less "additional filters" with easy to find check marks.

Once you have located a specific property, I think the new site has better graphics and lay out for all the specific info (taxes, schools etc).

It is what it is. Better get used to it, I suppose.
I'm finding that my search criteria don't "take," and I often have to re-input the criteria. It's very irritating.

The map feature is also not as good as before, IMO.

I'm looking at houses in the Houston area, so I've done a lot of searches on the fly, and many that I've saved. So it's irritating to have to constantly re-input the same info for a search. Also, editing the searches doesn't always "take," either. It often wipes out the search entirely, so that I have to...you guessed it....re-input all the criteria.

Why they would choose to do this in the middle of the biggest selling time of the year is beyond me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 01:21 PM

7,528 posts, read 10,262,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
Why do websites always mess with a good thing?
Be careful or someone might change city-data.

Old 07-25-2015, 09:51 AM

48 posts, read 86,686 times
I mostly use the map search which was really good with the old site. With this new map search they really screwed up. Not user friendly, freezes frequently, Site frequently displays incompatilbilty error messages and overall horrible design. The Side bar result takes almost 1/4th of the space on the right. auto refresh does not work correctly. There was no reason to switch to this new design IMO

Old 07-25-2015, 10:10 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,140,569 times
For as much as I pay in realtor fees to maintain my license (local, state, and national levels) - I can't believe we have to deal with ads on HAR.com!! Being that there are 30,000+ realtors in the Houston area alone.... yeah..... no.

It costs me $65 every 2 years to maintain my RN license with the state of Texas.

It costs me $410 every 2 years to maintain just my Texas Real Estate license, then there's supra fees, MLS listing fees, etc. on top of that.

Last edited by lhafer; 07-25-2015 at 10:32 AM..

Old 07-25-2015, 11:47 AM

27 posts, read 25,011 times
I was informed that HAR has been renamed/rebranded Homes And Rentals and now has access to the entire state of Texas. Is this correct?

Old 07-26-2015, 07:25 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,140,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzo View Post
I was informed that HAR has been renamed/rebranded Homes And Rentals and now has access to the entire state of Texas. Is this correct?
Homes And Realtors. And yes, it is statewide now.

HAR.com to rebrand from Houston Association of Realtors to Homes and Realtors - Houston Business Journal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston