Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 04:14 PM

197 posts, read 261,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
i think cypress needed the reality check. my sisters live there and their sense of security bugs me sometimes.
on another note, 2 of my cars got broken into already within 10months in houston. one was in a downtown open parking lot, another was during a quick stop at a gas station on 59 (wife's makeup bag is too nice). I live in alief and i'm actually surprised our first encounters with houston crime didn't happen here
Honestly, it's not like downtown is the most posh area--that I readily admit.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:42 PM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,120,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houguy1087 View Post
Honestly, it's not like downtown is the most posh area--that I readily admit.
hmm. I take it you never saw the signs that says (Downtown Houston) 'Lowest In Crime'
whats the point of your post anyway. is cypress posh?

Old 01-23-2008, 07:45 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,491,966 times
As far as BIG, UBER cities go, Houston is doing alright.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:31 PM

Quote:
hmm. I take it you never saw the signs that says (Downtown Houston) 'Lowest In Crime'
whats the point of your post anyway. is cypress posh?
My point is that downtown's not the greatest area. (Though there is good fun to be had there.) It's not hard for visitors to see either. My friend from Arlington, MA only drove through Houston's downtown and told me she found it "depressing." I guess you missed some of the obvious signs wiggie...like the one that said "Hey new person, this is the inner-city! You just might want to lock your door and be sure to tip the hobo lying in front of your car"! No, I wouldn't say Cypress is fancy-schmancy either, but suburbs tend to promote and attract people whose priority is safety.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:22 AM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,120,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houguy1087 View Post
My point is that downtown's not the greatest area. (Though there is good fun to be had there.) It's not hard for visitors to see either. My friend from Arlington, MA only drove through Houston's downtown and told me she found it "depressing." I guess you missed some of the obvious signs wiggie...like the one that said "Hey new person, this is the inner-city! You just might want to lock your door and be sure to tip the hobo lying in front of your car"! No, I wouldn't say Cypress is fancy-schmancy either, but suburbs tend to promote and attract people whose priority is safety.

it doesn't look like you have a point. you probably need to get some more real world experience, kiddo. hobos normally wouldn't be the car-jackers and vandals. they don't hang around parking lots unless theres a lot of foot traffic. you should be able to figure that one out. 'the inner-city'? lol its just petty crimes, not something that gives your city an intriguing character

Old 01-24-2008, 08:20 AM

1,336 posts, read 6,445,361 times
We're talking about some losers who pulled a guy over, roughed him up a bit and tried to rob him. Eventually these guys will be shot, or if they're lucky, arrested.

While this sort of thing doesn't happen very often out in Cypress, it and much more violent crimes happen every day in the city and in other burbs (btw, there was a carjacking at First Colony Mall in Sugar Land yesterday - should we start a thread on that too?).

I'm not sure I understand WSIWYG's reasoning behind..."it's a good reality check". I suppose some people are more tolerant of criminal behavior than others. People here don't put up with this kind of garbage. When this crap happens out here, they usually get busted one way or another.

As for the idiotic sign posted on the outskirts of Downtown claiming its the "safest in the city"....I lived there for 5 years and have to chuckle at that one. Whoever had the idea to put that sign up ought to run for mayor of Amity Island.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
it doesn't look like you have a point. you probably need to get some more real world experience, kiddo. hobos normally wouldn't be the car-jackers and vandals. they don't hang around parking lots unless theres a lot of foot traffic. you should be able to figure that one out. 'the inner-city'? lol its just petty crimes, not something that gives your city an intriguing character
Actually, I do have a point and you're wrong. Hobos hang out everywhere buddy, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't know that. How many hobos do you know? Oh, the naivete. It's ok, I'm willing to teach you about city life, kiddo. I mean who doesn't find petty crime intriguing? Silly rabbit...

Old 01-24-2008, 10:02 AM

2,896 posts, read 6,633,993 times
sounds like the latest spin-off of this :

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Car Bump Scam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston