Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2015, 10:24 PM

131 posts, read 153,764 times

Advertisements

How strict are they with applicants as far as credit checking?

Given the population growth over the next 3 years or so, will getting an apartment there in 2018 be very difficult?

Feels like I'm missing out on everything not living there

Also, is the 77478 area code strictly sugar land or is there parts of the zip code that are part of Missouri city?

Lastly, how could I get verified proof that the apartment I want is in SL city limits (not Missouri city, not stafford)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2015, 08:15 AM

331 posts, read 487,406 times
I don't think they're more strict than anywhere else. Apartments credit checks is a private deal, has nothing to do with what city you're in. Why would you care unless you have bad credit? I don't think it'll be any harder to rent there relative to the rest of market 3 years from now. You aren't missing out on anything not living in sugar land, especially from a renter's perspective. 77478 encompasses properties not in sugar land, but it does not include anything in mo city.

Why don't you look on their (sugar land's) website to view the city limits. That will tell you if properties are in or not. Why don't you rent a place just north of sugar land in Woodbridge area or next to the fountains in stafford right across dairy Ashford from the sl business park. From a renter's perspective it makes no different. Those places are right on the city limit line and you don't have to worry about future property values as much since you don't own. Or you could pay a lot more to be in sugar land proper if you can swing it, it's up to you.

Old 08-02-2015, 10:36 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,984,752 times
Do you set a schedule to come here and ask ridiculous questions about SL every month?

I mean seriously anybody that is going to college can certainly google and answer most if not all those questions in less than 30 seconds.

It worry me what this generation of college kids are aspiring if the dream in life is to move to a suburb.

Old 08-02-2015, 10:53 AM

131 posts, read 153,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipuck View Post
Do you set a schedule to come here and ask ridiculous questions about SL every month?

I mean seriously anybody that is going to college can certainly google and answer most if not all those questions in less than 30 seconds.

It worry me what this generation of college kids are aspiring if the dream in life is to move to a suburb.
First of all I don't have a set schedule for posting here

Second, I would prefer personal Input. Google sucks (and this is coming from someone who has done numerous research papers)

Yes I have the dream of moving there, but it's not my only goal in life. My dream is to one day own a business, as it creates jobs and I can be my own boss. I also want to one day be financially well off, and I'm already well on my way to that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston