Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2015, 11:05 AM

25 posts, read 35,461 times

Advertisements

So we currently live in Fort Bend County outside of cinco ranch on S Mason. My husband works out of Pearland, I work in Houston outside the Med Center. We're trying to make our commute easier. We have a son who's 1 but thinking ahead for school districts. Is FBISD really as bad as I hear? Want a new build house, can anyone suggest newer neighborhoods in Pearland?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 11:10 AM

1,237 posts, read 2,020,071 times
The only part of Pearland zoned to FBISD is a small portion of Shadow Creek Ranch, and yes, those schools are very bad. You would (A) take a huge hit on the sale of your house zoned there and it would take longer to sell and (B) not want to send your child to those schools.

There are a lot of areas with new builds in Pearland. More on the west side zoned to Alvin ISD, but you can find them in Pearland ISD too off Pearland Parkway, which would be my vote over the west side because of better schools.

But you are probably zoned to very good schools now, so I'd think hard about moving.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:25 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,663,685 times
What about new builds in Sienna Plantation?

Old 09-24-2015, 11:36 AM

2,165 posts, read 3,774,287 times
The only place in Pearland (Manvel) I would consider would be Sedona Lakes on 288 off Bailey Road..

Old 09-24-2015, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swopoe View Post
What about new builds in Sienna Plantation?
Not interested in Missouri City. Actually I like the area we're in now. Sienna Plantation was kinda expensive too.

Old 09-24-2015, 12:50 PM

360 posts, read 665,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcollins1218 View Post
So we currently live in Fort Bend County outside of cinco ranch on S Mason. My husband works out of Pearland, I work in Houston outside the Med Center. We're trying to make our commute easier. We have a son who's 1 but thinking ahead for school districts. Is FBISD really as bad as I hear? Want a new build house, can anyone suggest newer neighborhoods in Pearland?
Hi Op... I started a similar thread about a week ago. Since then, I've found a couple of neighborhoods. Try taking a look at Savannah Lakes, Southern Trails, Sedona Lakes, Southlake, Shadow Creek Ranch, and Rodeo Palms. They're all in the Pearland area and these are neighborhoods that are still building. The schools you're currently zoned too are much better than any FBISD school in the Pearland area. But I've been told that Pearland and Alvin schools are generally pretty good.

The homes in the Pearland area appear to cost less than the area we're both currently in. You may also be successful purchasing a "used" home in Pearland. There are a quite a few available with great updated interiors.

Old 09-24-2015, 12:54 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,663,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcollins1218 View Post
Not interested in Missouri City. Actually I like the area we're in now. Sienna Plantation was kinda expensive too.
Ok then. I don't care for the area you live in. I used to live over there. Oh well!

Old 09-24-2015, 07:25 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,762,489 times
Keep in mind when hat the Pearland market is a lot more stable than the Katy housing market. Also when talking about Pearland, it is split up into three school districts (Pearland, Manvel, and Ft. Bend). Manvel ISD is currently building a new HS in Shadow
Creek Ranch. BTW I agree with both Swoope and DLS. I'd go with Sienna (Mo city). but if you're dead set on Pearland, go with Sedona.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swopoe View Post
Ok then. I don't care for the area you live in. I used to live over there. Oh well!
I didn't say I didn't care for it. I've driven in Sienna Plantation and toured homes. It's beautiful there. But homes there start in the 280's.

Old 09-25-2015, 06:21 AM

97 posts, read 154,763 times
If Sienna prices start too high, then Sedona will not work for you either. What price range are you looking for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston