Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 06:22 AM

31 posts, read 77,438 times

Advertisements

We are wanting to move to the Richmond/Rosenberg area preferrably Richmond but dont really know where the good and bad areas are to live. We really like Pecan Grove Plantation but curious about their HOA fees and what is covered. What you have access to, is there a pool or playground for the residents? We have never lived in a neighborhood that has HOA so we dont know what to expect. Also it might be a little out of our budget.We really dont want to spend more than $110,00 I know that may be a little hard but we did find a house there near that price but it sold very fast. Can anyone tell me a nice neighborhood with houses within that price range in Richmond? We do have a 7 mo old so I just want to find a nice safe neighborhood with relatively low taxes and HOA fees and nice schools.We also were lookin into Walnut Creek in Rosenberg, but I havent heard anything about that area.Thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 09:49 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,769,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarcia2411 View Post
We are wanting to move to the Richmond/Rosenberg area preferrably Richmond but dont really know where the good and bad areas are to live. We really like Pecan Grove Plantation but curious about their HOA fees and what is covered. What you have access to, is there a pool or playground for the residents? We have never lived in a neighborhood that has HOA so we dont know what to expect. Also it might be a little out of our budget.We really dont want to spend more than $110,00 I know that may be a little hard but we did find a house there near that price but it sold very fast. Can anyone tell me a nice neighborhood with houses within that price range in Richmond? We do have a 7 mo old so I just want to find a nice safe neighborhood with relatively low taxes and HOA fees and nice schools.We also were lookin into Walnut Creek in Rosenberg, but I havent heard anything about that area.Thanks in advance!!
Good luck!

Old 07-19-2010, 10:11 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,171,487 times
Richmond has some nice areas and not really anything out there that would be totally unacceptable for $110K. $110K will get you a 3 bed 2 bath home with 1100 - 1300 sq ft.

Just hit the HAR and look around.

Ronnie

Old 07-19-2010, 10:24 AM

Thanks Ronnie, HAR has become my new best friend.The trouble Im having is not knowing if the location is safe and finding something with affordable taxes. Is Richmond better than Rosenberg in terms of crime and housing prices? Do you know anything about Seaborne Meadows or Greatwood?

Old 07-19-2010, 01:06 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,171,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarcia2411 View Post
Thanks Ronnie, HAR has become my new best friend.The trouble Im having is not knowing if the location is safe and finding something with affordable taxes. Is Richmond better than Rosenberg in terms of crime and housing prices? Do you know anything about Seaborne Meadows or Greatwood?
Richmond and Rosenberg are both fine with not really any area that's the pits. It's more rural than say Katy, which is more rural than Houston. I don't know the neighborhoods all that well so I can't speak to them. However, I go antiquing out there alot. It's a fun place, IMHO.

Ronnie

Old 07-19-2010, 04:44 PM

739 posts, read 2,135,221 times
I lived in Pecan Grove for 16 years and recently moved to Royal Lakes Estates (also in Richmond). Pecan Grove is a beautiful MSL and the HOA is a bargain (approximately $200 annually). There are a couple of parks in the subdivision but no pool. To use the pool you must be a country club member. Tax rates about 1.8% you can leave your kids bike on the front lawn and you will see lemonade stands managed by kids on the weekend. Hayrides during the Christmas season and the most AWESOME holiday decorations you will ever see. July 4th there is a 5K YOUR WAY race. Flags are flown in front of every house every patriotic holiday (done by the local boys scout troop for a small fee). Excellent elementary schools for you little one. Good luck with the price.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:48 PM

Thanks so much for all the info, it sounds exactly like where we want to raise our son. I also like the fact that its not like every other "cookie cutter" neighborhood where all the houses are right on top of each other and all look the same. So can you tell me what the HOA'S cover? I have to ask about your good luck comment. Was that sarcasm?Is that price range unheard of for that area?lol If we find a house we really love there Im sure we could go a little higher, esp since all the other factors are relatively low. Thanks again!Oh and what is the difference in PGP and "The Grove?"

Old 07-19-2010, 06:01 PM

739 posts, read 2,135,221 times
Homes in PCP re a little more expensive than the Grove. I did not mean any sarcasm by the comment but truly wish you the best of luck. We will be putting our house on the market within the next month but the asking price will be closer to $200K. I just looked at HAR. The homes in Pecan Grove/The Grove range from $120,000 to $499,000. The house for $120K has extensive damage. The least expensive house in Pecan Grove has a list price of $144,950.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:29 PM

Thanks, I really wished we had jumped on the house for sale there a few months ago b/c it was within our price range but we were really still looking all over. Do you know of any other neighborhoods close by that are similar but priced a little less? Thanks for all your info

Old 07-19-2010, 09:17 PM

14 posts, read 96,621 times
I too am relocating to the Houston Area. I have done extensive research and found the following sites very helpful. They are all free, though one does offer more info for payment if your choose. None of them require you to sign up or give any info, not even an email address!! Have fun!

neighborhood dot com
Search by area or customize search, takes a little time to "figure out" the functions and choices and the maps are tricky to navigate, but it's easy once you get the hang of it. Gives great demographics info and so forth for free, and more for a fee. I found all the info I needed for free!

spotcrime dot com
Basic crime info for area you chose to search, can choose date span as well.

zipmap dot net
Search by zip code to find out where it is, or search by address to get the zip code!

Hope this helps you, it sure has me!! I use all three together for the best results!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston